CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
6/1/09 10:55 p.m.

I have Flyin Miata sway bars on my Miata. I need new endlinks for im picking up an adjustable set for the rear.

Questions: 1) Which ones have enough travel in em to adjust my bar should i want to? 2) Which is better for my DD/autoX miata? 3) Cheapest

Gearhead garage set

go miata set

goodwin racing set

AWR racing

Any others? I need these by the weekend. Which are best?

Keith?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/09 11:26 p.m.

Cheapest is to only use one per bar. After all, the primary purpose of adjustable end links is to get rid of preload in the bar, and you only need to adjust one to do that.

But the end links on an NA Miata also have a rubber bushing, and this can make it very difficult to reach certain holes in adjustable bars. So there's a potential side benefit if you use an end link with a ball joint or a rod end.

The Gearhead Garage ones are no longer available.

The ones sold by Go Miata are actually from Racing Beat. Note the urethane bushings - doesn't help with the range of motion, but it means they'll never wear out.

There's an excellent chance that the "Mazda competition" ones sold by Goodwin are actually the AWR units.

Stay away from the Moss ones, resold by a number of other people. They're very cheap rod ends and will wear out in months.

Flyin' Miata sells Whiteline end links. They're not cheap.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/1/09 11:35 p.m.

But they're not purple...

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
6/2/09 6:29 a.m.

so keith, whats my best choice besides the FM units? I mean, i already have your FULL suspension systme under my car...

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
6/2/09 6:33 a.m.

I have the old style Gearhead ones that are full metal, no rubber. Actually have been thinking of replacing them, they clunk when going over speedbumps and it annoys the wife. But other than that they have been good for me and my Jackson Racing sway, it is the solid with three holes in the front, two in the rear.

jimbbski
jimbbski New Reader
6/2/09 8:02 a.m.

Another source for Miata parts.

http://advanced-autosports.com/SM_Store_and_More.htm

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/09 8:59 a.m.

The biggest problem with the rod end style is wear. When they start to wear, they'll clunk and rattle, as Inigo has learned. You can forestall this with better quality rod ends and even boots, as seen on the Whiteline units. Heck, you can even make your own if you have an inexpensive source for rod ends.

The urethane ones don't really wear, but they don't have the same freedom of movement. So you have to decide just why it is you need adjustable links, and choose accordingly. I have the Whitelines on my Targa car, this should not be a surprise :) And I have a big collection of worn out cheapo Moss ones that I use for random projects.

splitime
splitime New Reader
6/2/09 9:44 a.m.

Or if you want just a pair... I have 2 that I didn't use because I don't run a rear bar. You'd just need to find a washer like the ones in the pictures below. Only asking 30+ shipping for the pair. Came off a spec miata (i believe) and were a product of BSI who does spec miata parts.

Just offering up another option.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
6/2/09 10:43 a.m.

These endlinks are going to replace my factory ones as they are totally shot. I figued i would gt adjustable endlinks to replace the old units and to be able to mess around with the rear sway bar.

Im still not entirely clear as to what i want or need. Re-explain? tips??

thanks yet again

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington New Reader
6/2/09 9:32 p.m.

http://www.949racing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=151

my old-style GG units are holding up fine after almost two years of autoxing and year-round daily driving.

Emilio700
Emilio700 GRM+ Memberand None
8/31/09 1:32 a.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: I have Flyin Miata sway bars on my Miata. I need new endlinks for im picking up an adjustable set for the rear. Questions: 1) Which ones have enough travel in em to adjust my bar should i want to? 2) Which is better for my DD/autoX miata? 3) Cheapest Any others? I need these by the weekend. Which are best?

For stock ride height you'll want 105-110mm. For minimum ride height you'll want adjustment down to about 90mm. The 949 Racing End Links are some of the least expensive when shipping is factored in, are sealed and competition proven.

The ones Buzz Killington has are the long discontinued GHG links. They had no seals, were a bit too long and had lower quality bearings. At the time, they were the best available though. When they dissapeared, I decided to make my own from scratch. We had bearings made to our specs with special hardened bodies and chrome balls, 7075 T6 couplers, etc. Those are the ones you see on the site now.

zoomx2
zoomx2 Reader
8/31/09 7:49 a.m.

I have nothing to add to the conversation, I just noticed that Emilio is posting here now.

Wealth of knowledge with that guy, and he makes the best wheels ever. Well maybe not ever, but I rock 'em!

Welcome sir!

Edit: maybe I do have something to add.... You can get Energy Suspension poly swaybar kits from Autozone and replace the factory endlink bushings, that's what i did. $25 front or rear, won't give you the adjustability but it can be cheap to do if that's your main goal.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/31/09 9:49 a.m.

I had a pair of the Go Miata / Racing Beat links. They were very difficult to use with one of my adjustable sway bars.

Emilio700
Emilio700 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/2/09 4:05 p.m.
zoomx2 wrote: I have nothing to add to the conversation, I just noticed that Emilio is posting here now. Wealth of knowledge with that guy, and he makes the best wheels ever. Well maybe not ever, but I rock 'em! Welcome sir! Edit: maybe I do have something to add.... You can get Energy Suspension poly swaybar kits from Autozone and replace the factory endlink bushings, that's what i did. $25 front or rear, won't give you the adjustability but it can be cheap to do if that's your main goal.

We offer an Energy Suspension sway bar and end link upgrade for both the NA & NB on our site too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yNuoX1iFPt9EMCYhc7bTJlpCnNpEMeSdRjH0LOZLME90LCViaJNhGvMHiZOxwv30