aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
10/21/08 11:27 a.m.

Hope this isn't a re-post...

We all know that there's plenty of crazy Miata race vids, but here's one that's made up of a number of the best ones.

~CLICK HERE~

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/21/08 2:09 p.m.

Link doesn't work for me

GRM1964
GRM1964 New Reader
10/21/08 2:15 p.m.

Nice!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/08 6:14 p.m.
jdmae92 wrote: Link doesn't work for me
Hal
Hal HalfDork
10/21/08 7:59 p.m.

After watching numerous videos and a dozen or so races in person I have one question.

Do these cars have brakes or is that not part of the spec?

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/21/08 8:38 p.m.

Love the wheel issue at the end!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/08 8:27 p.m.

The link only works in IE :(

This doesn't say anything good about the intelligence of the average Miata driver Looks like that event could use more people like me who diffuse dangerous situations by wussing out and hitting the brakes. My motto is: anything you have to do to avoid an accident is better than an accident, and you'll wish you'd done it later.

If my steering wheel came off I think I would have E36 M3 myself

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/23/08 11:44 a.m.

What's scary is, I think I recognize one of the guys involved. I'm pretty sure the guy at 1:35, in the powder blue car, is the guy who was my girlfriend's instructor at her first track day. I can't imagine there are too many other powder-blue Miatas with red-orange stripes down the center.

iceracer
iceracer Reader
10/23/08 1:09 p.m.

You see some dumb moves in pro racing as well. Makes you wonder sometimes. The "red haize" obscures their common sense.

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
10/23/08 1:34 p.m.

The shame of it is that this video has been around in various guises since the time of the VIR "flying car" crash and there are those in the Spec Miata (perhaps more aptly referred to as the "SM") set who take a perverse pride in these things. Unfortunately, 40+ car fields separated by not a lot of time in a class that attracts more than it's share of people new to w2w competition is going to result in this sort of stuff.

And yes, I drive one too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VIbtXDeqJFFCihDjaxU3c69VmWn7P2O3cXmIVeXWBLCf5HYCpxTm40FKq2DAnWft