1 2
MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
7/4/10 10:39 p.m.

I can't get the long bolt out of the lower rear control arm, so it looks like i'm going to leave it until i have a chance to pull the hub off and have it pressed out.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
7/4/10 11:16 p.m.

It's very possibly bent, and a press may do no good. I've had to cut a couple out with a sawzall. Went much better than expected.

MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
7/6/10 3:56 a.m.

Got everybody wrapped up. All bushings replaced except for the rear outers,, which will be a bigger project than i want to get into right now. New alignment bolts, r-package tie rods, etc.

The ball joint press could be a bit tricky at times, but it did everything. Remove the old bushings, install the new ones, hold my soda, etc.

The shamefully cheap Raceland coilovers are interesting, but i've only driven them around the block so far. My initial impression is that the car feels really solid. I imagine they're a lot like the FM V-Maxx coilovers in that they're suprising in how not awful they are, and a few thoughtful changes make them work just dandy. I really only got them in the first place because i needed a new shock, and was determined to migrate everything over to the NB stuff. It's been a pleasant surprise, I believe they might be better than the AGX that i removed.

MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
7/12/10 10:30 p.m.

Put 1300 miles on the car this weekend driving from nashville to pittsburgh. Had a brilliant time at the track . Car felt pretty good on the highway as well.

Photobucket

Thanks again everyone.

maciekskontakt
maciekskontakt None
1/16/12 6:44 p.m.

Check out my videos on You Tube. No special presses needed. I tried HB press, three arm puller and built my own tool. The videos show entire procedure for rubber removal (clean - not with fire) and installation of Mazda Motorsports rubber as well as Delrin. Poly bushings are easy, but similar to Delrin installation.

Removal

Rubber Installation

Delrin Installation

maciekskontakt
maciekskontakt New Reader
1/16/12 6:50 p.m.

In reply to Keith:

No need. Just a few parts from hardware store will do replacing the HB press easily. In fact, HB press is good for upper outer rear (hub), but not as good on others. The sleeves with HB press are too big and they do not lean on control arm properly creating all trouble. You need simply a nipple (schedule 40) from Home Depot or Lowes instead and it works better. miata bushing main body is 38 mm diameter. Checkuot my instructional videos on YouTube (with commentts and list of parts to make the tool). The tool will bea cheaper than HB press.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QSusw7Itg5QM69t4RpRZJTwqSDuGDPQobhSO7zSTVQppUHHH7I5C4xlatn71XYTu