eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
9/26/17 10:59 a.m.

It probably won't be until winter or spring when I make the purchase, but I am thinking of getting a roll bar for the ratty 96 Miata.  It'll mostly be for style, and stiffening the car up, and I'm unlikely to take it on the track, so I won't need to meet the broomstick rule.  I would like it to fit under a hardtop, though, in case I do track it (They don't have to meet the broomstick rule if you have a hardtop, do they?)  I'm inclined to go with either a single diagonal or no diagonal bar.

I'm 6' tall, and put the seat pretty much most or all the way back, with it reclined most of the way (still one or two clicks from being all the way reclined), so safety on the street is a big concern.  I'd like to minimize the chance of my head hitting the bar in case of an accident. 

Is this pretty much a job for the Hard Dog Ace, or is there something else out there that make sense, too? 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/17 11:05 a.m.
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/17 11:19 a.m.

Ace.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/26/17 11:51 a.m.

Im going to go sit in an nb miata with an ace tomorrow and an m2 Thursday.  My requirement is exactly what you are looking for. 

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
9/26/17 12:10 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Cool, I'll keep an eye on your thread to hear your impressions.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/17 1:31 p.m.

Just a note, you may not have to pass the broomstick test with a hard top.........but you'd still want to.

The hardtop provides absolutely no roll over protection.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/17 3:06 p.m.

I have the HCHTSD if you want to test sit in mine at some point. 

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
9/26/17 3:49 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Sounds like a plan. You've got some sort of racing seat in your car, don't you?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/17 3:52 p.m.

It currently has the stock seat in it since I have had some co drivers this year.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
9/27/17 11:15 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Okay, maybe at the last rallycross of the season if you are bringing it up there.  Thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OSNeLqY4E7AZhforPxTCJYzfy45vu4aAnf1IGTmtJXyERjZqKTqySybKmUjEu6qW