Robert Bowen
Robert Bowen Editor
6/20/18 9:10 a.m.

Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published by reading the print edition of Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story By Robert Bowen • Photos As Credited

Plenty of car stories start out with a middle-aged enthusiast who buys something fancy—maybe a brand-new Porsche or a Corvette—in order to cruise around town and seek attention. …

Read the rest of the story

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
6/20/18 3:32 p.m.

No midlife crisis described here. More of the empty nester finally has time for ___ .

Not sure midlife crisis is officially in the dictionary of psychological disorders, but if it were, it would be described as someone reaching a certain age and being uncertain of their identity, or dissatisfied with their station in life, or grasping at something they feel they had somehow missed and desperately want a piece of. 

Robert Goodwin displays none of those symptoms, at least not in this article.

Scargod
Scargod New Reader
6/20/18 10:50 p.m.

Just like mentioned in the article, people can and do overstress tired Subaru's. They get a bad rap from those that push them too hard and don't pay attention to their minor weak points that can be fixed. 
My 2008 STi had 17K on it when I rebuilt it after ring-land failure that was my fault. Since then I have not had a failed engine in five tears and have 30 track hours on my latest 470 WHP engine. I love it! 1.3-1.5 G's. Pulls out of tight corners harder with less drama than RWD cars and eats everything in the rain. For videos see Glyn Churchman, "Track Days" on YouTube.
So much bang for the buck, if done right.

StuntmanMike
StuntmanMike New Reader
6/25/18 11:08 a.m.

This definitely not a midlife crisis. A midlife crisis is the guy that goes out and gets a 911 or Z06 because magazines and friends say they are the best and then putts around town thinking he is king of the hill until someone convinces him to go to a track day or autox. Naturally he gets his ego bruised by these types of cars/drivers and slinks back to the car show scene where he can feel like the king again, never to return to any sort of performance event.

This is a guy that simply picked up a hobby, an awesome hobby with an awesome car. But maybe I'm a little biased... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NaF2gZgcUyOMHFuvTukPOa0Glo5u4ag87kKUtgV3Re8f10CSqNioM8WiFSVUjGgp