1 2 3 4 ... 12
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/8/16 2:48 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: As long as it is not the 6th, I have to play Amy I am down.

Yikes! I read it as that!

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
1/8/16 4:02 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: I'm not much of a romantic but I see that the Saturday of Valentines weekend could be a hard sell. Not to mention that if you are thinking of restaurant plans near dinner time, that is one of the busiest restaurant days of the year.

This bears repeating.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
1/8/16 5:06 p.m.

I'm in for the Motorhome/RV Hall of Fame over in Elkhart. I could send my dad to meet you at the Studebaker museum.

http://www.rvmhhalloffame.org

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
1/8/16 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

I've been there. It's pretty cool. Back in '95 or so, my mom won a raffle they had - got herself a new Class A Georgie Boy RV!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/8/16 5:21 p.m.

I am in, we may even be able to get Will Graf and Beans to come along

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/8/16 5:34 p.m.

I'll probably be in Mississippi at that time, but on the off chance I'm back here that weekend I'll see if I can make it!

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/8/16 6:09 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Put me in the maybe column. Perhap we can get an Ohio Turnpike car-pool going. I'll offer up The Challenge Q45 which makes for a pretty good turnpike cruiser. Edit: I'm not much of a romantic but I see that the Saturday of Valentines weekend could be a hard sell. Not to mention that if you are thinking of restaurant plans near dinner time, that is one of the busiest restaurant days of the year.

This is a very good point about Valentine's weekend.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/8/16 6:41 p.m.

I'll keep an eye on this, would certianly be interested.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/8/16 6:53 p.m.

Well that's why I gave some optional dates. I'd prefer the beginning of the month, but the last two weeks work too.

I think it would be fine, but if everyone is worried about the day before valentines day, then let's pick another date.

So let's get some votes.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/8/16 7:58 p.m.

Count me in! It's about 3.5 hours for me.

Should we form a SE MI caravan? I'd say car pool but we will likely stay the night at my dads.

I grew up just North of South Bend in Niles, MI.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
1/8/16 9:07 p.m.

I vote for the 20th if it has to be February. I honestly thing the first or second weekend in March would be better. Its been a mild winter so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get slammed in Feb. I'd have to request the day off work, so if it got postponed because of weather I wouldn't be able to make the rescheduled date.

jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
1/8/16 9:56 p.m.
Kylini wrote: Ohio's in the midwest?

If you believe the east coast media it is.

I'm in. I live about 80-90 minutes away just over the IL/IN border in IL.

Better set up a "cancel on account of weather date" too. This is the Midwest and anyone coming from the west would have to pass through the "lake effect" snow belt to get there.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/8/16 11:02 p.m.

Normal drive takes 2.5hrs for me, but my personal record from here to Tire Rack is around 1.5hrs......

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
1/9/16 8:27 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Well that's why I gave some optional dates. I'd prefer the beginning of the month, but the last two weeks work too. I think it would be fine, but if everyone is worried about the day before valentines day, then let's pick another date. So let's get some votes.

March?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/9/16 11:19 a.m.

Are we doing a full day, lunch and supper? What time is the meet starting? Are we going drinking afterwards, if so do we need a motel?

Will it be a GRM car show of sorts?

Just throwing ideas with some of the distances people are prepared to travel.

beans
beans Dork
1/9/16 11:49 a.m.

I have the 13th/14th off currently, but the 20th is my 30th bday and it would be a cool activity! Whatever day we decide on, I'm in.

beans
beans Dork
1/9/16 11:50 a.m.

Also, anyone talk to Ben lately?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/9/16 12:07 p.m.
beans wrote: Also, anyone talk to Ben lately?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/challenge-car-ideas/109238/page2/

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/9/16 12:30 p.m.

Ok, here is the plan:

Date: February 20th, 2015

Time: 12:00pm EST

Location: Studebaker National Museum 201 Chapin St, South Bend, IN 46601

The admission price is $8.00 for Adults, Kids $5.00 and under 5 are Free.

http://tappinn.com/view/page/p/112751

Lunch Location: Scotty's Brewhouse 4340 N Main St, Mishawaka, IN 46545

http://www.scottysbrewhouse.com/index.php?src=directory&view=Locations&srctype=detail&refno=126&category=locations

We will meet at the museum at 12:00 pm Eastern. This should give people who are coming farther distances to get on the road at a decent hour.

After everyone has had their fill of the museum, we will head over to Scotty's Brewhouse in Mishawaka for a late lunch.

If people wish to stay the night in the area, you are more than welcome. I will not be, so if someone wants to coordinate that along with a place to go in the evening to drink or what not, please feel free to set that up, just let everyone know that you are.

As for a car show, being the middle of February, I don't know if people want to bring their cars out in the weather for that, but if you want to, you're more than welcome.

In case of inclement weather, we will have a Rain Date of March 5th. Check back to this thread to make sure that it's still on.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/9/16 1:17 p.m.

Excellent, so if anybody wants to hang out afterwards I will take the point, we can do Beans 30th.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/9/16 1:24 p.m.

Hell, if this weather plays like its been, I might ride the bike.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/9/16 4:42 p.m.

Inclimate weather means nothing to folks like us. Every GRMer in the midwest has proper snowtires and knows how to use them right? However some folks might take the back roads as a winter rally stage

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/9/16 8:02 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

Not anymore, but I'll drive on Summer's because IDGAF....

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
1/9/16 9:41 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I am in, we may even be able to get Will Graf and Beans to come along

I make it a rule to not make any plans more than 2 to 3 hours out. Plus, Sergio says that I have to work Saturdays.

Sounds like a good time, but I'm out.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/9/16 9:56 p.m.
grafmiata wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: I am in, we may even be able to get Will Graf and Beans to come along
I make it a rule to not make any plans more than 2 to 3 hours out. Plus, Sergio says that I have to work Saturdays. Sounds like a good time, but I'm out.

Berk

1 2 3 4 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
18FJbYRcjfIRwPI5D2Tkojio8QkVbJdHklCiVDB3bf1qQW3W9ffs1fkKB9BDBZq1