FordGT40
FordGT40 New Reader
4/24/14 10:06 a.m.

Such a bummer that the Mitty at Road Atlanta falls on the same weekend as the PWC/ProMazda/USF2000/Indy lights/Indycar races. I cannot miss the races at Barber, I've been to every one of them so far but it sucks to miss the Mitty - that is always such a great fun laid back weekend. Hoping the powers that be will see to it that these two events are not on the same weekend ever again.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/24/14 11:58 a.m.

Meh, I'll be at the Mitty. I just like looking at all the old stuff too much. I bring a few bucks with me to buy random stickers/parts every time.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/24/14 2:00 p.m.

The Mitty is a ton of fun, but I think I enjoy watching contemporary motorsport more.

That said, Gunnar Racing brought their ex-Penske RS Spyder to the Mitty this year...

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
4/24/14 2:27 p.m.

Work gave me free tickets to Barber so...

Actually, I have an extra, and maybe an extra pair...

FordGT40
FordGT40 New Reader
3/31/15 3:29 p.m.

Same problem, different year! Somebody fix this!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/31/15 4:28 p.m.

It is a bummer that there is a conflicting event at Barber.

Even if I didn't have to go I wouldn't miss this year's Mitty though. With BMW as the featured marque, Boris Said as the Grand Marshall, touring and parade laps, live music, the skidpad challenge, a Concours D'Lemons, and an awesome variety of race cars everywhere you look---- this is shaping up to be the best Mitty in the 37 year history of the event.

Yep--- the barber Indy race will be fun--- but this year's Mitty should be a real stand-out event. AND all your GRM buddies will be there!

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
3/31/15 5:36 p.m.

<------ Working on LeMons car this week to get it ready for the skidpad and Concours D'Lemons. It's not painted like this anymore, need to update my picture.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
3/31/15 5:53 p.m.

Is it me or do the new Indycar aero kits look...well...strange....????

It is a tough call about which to attend. Barber is closer for me, but I may go to Mitty instead.

FordGT40
FordGT40 New Reader
4/2/15 11:50 p.m.

The new Indycar aero kits are going to take a bit of getting used to...It is a really tough call for me too, but the Barber weekend has so many support races, including the awesome Continental Tire Series...aaaaarrrrggghhhh! I hate having to make this choice!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
4/3/15 6:41 a.m.
racerdave600 wrote: Is it me or do the new Indycar aero kits look...well...strange....???? It is a tough call about which to attend. Barber is closer for me, but I may go to Mitty instead.

yeah … and all they really accomplish is NASCAR level of debris cautions … all those itty-bitty winglets getting knocked off every pass, leaving carbon fiber shards … and then cautions breed cautions … wash, rinse, repeat …….

Indy car isn't going to be much fun to watch this yr … less aero, more mechanical grip and the racing should be lots mo-better

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/3/15 8:04 a.m.

"Indy car isn't going to be much fun to watch this yr … less aero, more mechanical grip and the racing should be lots mo-better"

In reply to wbjones:

That seems contradictory. IMO, any time you remove the aero and add mechanical grip the racing improves, which, in turn is MOAR fun to watch.

FordGT40
FordGT40 New Reader
4/9/15 2:10 p.m.

Well I solved my dilemma for this year. I'm doing a track day at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday the 25th. I may try and get out to the Mitty also either on Friday or Sunday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dv0Clnt845jEeytCrMpYS9kd4RhxxoFxh2L3iKiYXVRQOwJcMrYBjeL1RcGR2jln