1 2 3
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/3/17 9:07 a.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

That has the six speed, right? One of the things that keeps me from playing with my current truck is the 190K mile four speed and the explodey rear end. I'm ok spending the money to add power, but not with having to upgrade the entirety of the driveline. That's one of the interesting things about the factory warranty on the new Ford with the supercharger, they're convinced that the driveline won't explode. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/3/17 9:23 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Yes, it has the 6L80 in it. It really isn’t that bad but it can be better. Like I said earlier, the line pressure increases I made are minimal but greatly help out drivability.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/3/17 10:48 a.m.

$17.6 V8 Ram 1500 in ID. Seems like this could be pretty sweet. 

Nationwide search of new v8 trucks by price. There are some good deals. That Titan is nice too though. 

STM317
STM317 Dork
11/3/17 12:00 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to Ranger50 :

That's one of the interesting things about the factory warranty on the new Ford with the supercharger, they're convinced that the driveline won't explode. 

Definitely verify this before buying. I have no idea if it's still the case but in the past, Ford Motor Company and Ford Racing were treated as separate entities which resulted in some technicalities. So if you bought a Ford Racing supercharger and had it installed at a Ford dealer it would be warranted. However, the warranty that applied was now through Ford Racing, and no longer through Ford Motor Company. The kicker being that it covered things for a shorter term. So your 5 year/ 50k mile Ford Motor Company warranty was voided and replaced with something like a 3 year/ 30,000 mile warranty through Ford Racing. It's better than nothing, but there was a trade off involved that wasn't clearly stated.

java230
java230 SuperDork
11/17/17 10:07 a.m.

Here you go. Dodge single cab short bed, 6 speed, 8.3L V10.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-dodge-ram/

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/17/17 6:39 p.m.

I need to find a super high miles quad cab version of that (drove one, liked it) that's lightly wrecked in front so i can replace the hideous 06 front end with an attractive 02 front end and drive a somewhat exotic pickup truck that i can only afford because its resale value has been trashed and i'm a mechanic. I would really like to make a habit of it, honestly.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
11/17/17 7:09 p.m.
STM317 said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to Ranger50 :

That's one of the interesting things about the factory warranty on the new Ford with the supercharger, they're convinced that the driveline won't explode. 

Definitely verify this before buying. I have no idea if it's still the case but in the past, Ford Motor Company and Ford Racing were treated as separate entities which resulted in some technicalities. So if you bought a Ford Racing supercharger and had it installed at a Ford dealer it would be warranted. However, the warranty that applied was now through Ford Racing, and no longer through Ford Motor Company. The kicker being that it covered things for a shorter term. So your 5 year/ 50k mile Ford Motor Company warranty was voided and replaced with something like a 3 year/ 30,000 mile warranty through Ford Racing. It's better than nothing, but there was a trade off involved that wasn't clearly stated.

This is a thing.  I found this out while Fost shopping as I was intereated in the Ford Racing tune and goodies anthought I could keep the original warranty.  The remaining warranty wasn't bad but it was ~50% if I remember correctly.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/17/17 7:34 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

As much as I want one of those, I really don't want to buy a 21 year old truck that hasn't been driven. 

STM317
STM317 Dork
11/18/17 7:51 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to java230 :

As much as I want one of those, I really don't want to buy a 21 year old truck that hasn't been driven. 

06 was 21 years ago?! Holy crap, where have I been?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/18/17 8:06 a.m.
Vigo said:

I need to find a super high miles quad cab version of that (drove one, liked it) that's lightly wrecked in front so i can replace the hideous 06 front end with an attractive 02 front end and drive a somewhat exotic pickup truck that i can only afford because its resale value has been trashed and i'm a mechanic. I would really like to make a habit of it, honestly.

There is one for sale on Toledo CL, it’s a little ratty but I looked at it in person and it was the right amount of used to be used.

edit: it’s not on there anymore, it was sitting in the same place when I drove that way last week though.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/18/17 8:08 a.m.

Some company is offering a Yenko Silverado.. 800hp, reg cab, short box, 4wd....

It was unveiled at the St Petersburg Cars and Coffee event this morning....

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/18/17 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

I'm pretty sure I need to know more about this.  Specialty Vehicle Engineering seems to be making Yenko Camaros AND 800hp Silverados, but not Yenko Silveraodos, so I'm not sure if that's who it is. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/18/17 1:31 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Same people. I couldn’t think who it was.... it was before the caffeine kicked in.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/19/17 3:25 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

I like the idea of a newish muscle truck. My choice? Probably one of these:

Why? Because they are relatively dirt cheap compared to the other offerings by Ford and GM, and they are as bare bones as you can get. I've seen these for around $22-23k new, and that's with the 390hp Hemi. You can get a variety of limited slip axles, too. 

For a few grand more, you can find one of the Sport-R/T models. Those look great!

I still don't see why Ram (or even a high volume Ram dealer) doesn't take that, paint it bright red, add shinier wheels, LRE decals, some after-cat stacks, a $7500 up charge and sell every one they make.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iXR5oFi4UCMLFQOjyMVwOHjQ8QmEcvRTB7cbku9Hi0okU31PPvYQJy4C0vbEFLio