1 2
ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/28/18 12:54 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Ooh man...the mention of so many beautiful designs together...no wonder that Audi caught my eye!

sanman
sanman HalfDork
7/31/18 5:35 p.m.

Actually the Audi R8 reminds me strongly of a Lancia Beta monte carlo cleaned up a bit.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Reader
7/31/18 6:43 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
  •  

1956 BMW E07 – 'BMW i8'

Slide 1 of 12

1956 BMW E07 – 'BMW i8'

In the early days of the car, the engine issue was at least as open as it is today: gasoline and electric motors were most popular along with wood, steam, diesel and gas power. Had the electric motor prevailed at that time, many things would have looked different: BMW's sports car 507, introduced in 1956, would still not have worn a modern "i" like "intelligent" in its name, but E07 would have been an option. And the gas station attendant would not have been carrying round a greasy rag.

No bending into the engine compartment to check the oil level of the 3200cc aluminum V8, but perhaps a splash of distilled water to top up the level of the batteries before plugging a cable from the charging tower into the car’s terminal. Either way, BMW should have counteracted the price-competing iconic, over-inflated Mercedes 300 SL door with a coupé with scissor doors and buttresses in the style of the modernist i8.

That makes me think of a bizzirini or iso griffo

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Reader
7/31/18 6:45 p.m.
oldeskewltoy said:

The Audi looks a LOT like a Lancia Monte Carlo

And a delorean aswell

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
7/31/18 8:04 p.m.

I want that R8. 

coexist
coexist Reader
7/31/18 9:54 p.m.

'77 Prius needs diving board bumpers, let's be real.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
8/1/18 8:59 a.m.

I would rock the Porsche all over the woods

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
8/1/18 9:46 a.m.
kb58 said:

I get a kick out of the first picture at the top of this thread. Either it's demonstrating the driver's bad-ass drifting skills, or the car's terrible understeer. Given the artist's "speed lines" behind the rear wheels, indicating the car flying to the left, it seems that it's the latter, lol.

And with a Moose watching!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/1/18 9:55 a.m.
D2W said:

I would rock the Porsche all over the woods

Me too. It looks sort of like a hardtop version of the Thing with a 911 nose. But in a good way.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/1/18 10:04 a.m.

Love that retro Cayenne. Also, the Alfa. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fUCVU2O9QwHMF46CbVLIRDUUxgXUfAoSTrAc996fsDZv28yliapDfa4C98vaSXPi