1 2 3 4 5
Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/26/18 1:43 p.m.
Ram50Ron said:

Return of the Elephant! 426 Gen3 Hemi

Considering that the very end of the version I saw shows the footprints getting covered by the hood of a classic Charger that slowly rolls in from the bottom of the screen, I'm assuming this is it:  an updated Hellcrate version of the Elephant.

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/26/18 1:51 p.m.
Cooter said:

It's a Crate Hemi 

Hopefully a huge one. 

Maybe it's something like either the GM Connect-N-Cruise kits that come with engine, trans and all the wiring, just bolt it in and go, or it's something similar to the E-Rod where it's all emissions legal

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
10/26/18 1:53 p.m.

The TrackHawk is on my short list for next vehicles to purchase.  I totally don't need a 707hp SUV thats gets blocks to the gallon of gas but it'll be fun to own!

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/26/18 1:54 p.m.

I would hope for an aluminum block version in a production vehicle, but that is asking too much. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/18 2:04 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Y'all know im a mopar guy, right?

And im sad. My 425rwhp small block used to be top shelf stuff. The factory is making me look like a chump.

Wonder if i sell a kidney if i can get a crate hellcat?

The thought has crossed my mind as well. People live with one kidney, right?

This is sitting next to the parts counter at my local CDJR dealership.

It makes a man contemplate bad ideas.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/26/18 2:07 p.m.

Maybe it's all misdirection, and Dodge is actually going to come out with a lightweight roadster that outhandles a Miata.....

rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
10/26/18 2:10 p.m.
irish44j said:

Maybe it's all misdirection, and Dodge is actually going to come out with a lightweight roadster that outhandles a Miata.....

And they'll do something off the wall like make it more BRZ sized, mid engined and stuff a Hellcat motor in it just to prove they can.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/26/18 2:15 p.m.
NickD said:
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

Are they going to introduce a new car at some point?

What's funny is that the Challenger's basic bones are unchanged from when it was introduced, yet it has been outselling the 6th-gen Camaro and Mustang, despite the Mustang and Camaro being smaller, and lighter, and more modern and sophisticated

The challenger appeals to a much....wider demo- and honestly even in aged format is the best looking imo. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
10/26/18 2:23 p.m.
Mndsm said:
...and honestly even in aged format is the best looking imo. 

I know this is just an opinion so there's not right or wrong but you're completely wrong here compared to the current Mustang.  They look hot.  Challenger is not bad to look at!  Just a bit too tall, like someone put the wrong springs in it too tall,   And the pillars are too fat.  And the rear window is too small.  And it weighs about 1000 pounds too much.  Otherwise it's not bad.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/26/18 2:44 p.m.

I'd like the challenger looks if the window beltline went straight through to the back of the car, rather than jumping up and giving the car a "big butt" look. The front end of teh Challenger looks sexy as hell. But I absolutely hate it from the c-pillar back. 

And yes, i know it's a nod to the original challenger that did the same thing. But the Mustang and Camaro have basically gone away from these retro nods at this point....

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
10/26/18 2:54 p.m.

In reply to irish44j :

Americans love a big arse.  I think it sells because most versions look fast and ride like an old Crown Vic. Or at least ride like a Charger.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/26/18 2:54 p.m.
rslifkin said:
irish44j said:

And they'll do something off the wall like make it more BRZ sized, mid engined and stuff a Hellcat motor in it just to prove they can.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Demon_Concept

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/18 2:59 p.m.

I don't think it's an elephant.  An elephant actually walks on its toes, with a large pad behind to help distribute the weight on sandy soil.  If it stepped into warm asphalt, you should see a deeper impression in the direction that it was walking, and ridges produced by the toenails.  

They also tend to roll away from each step, producing a dragging pattern in front of the footprint, which I don't see in the OP. It's possible that I am reading too much into this however. 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
10/26/18 3:00 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

Why does that remind me of a fat S2000?

Anyway I almost guarantee this is a 1500 with a Hellcat motor. Why? Because SRT and that seems to be the natural progression of these things.

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/26/18 3:04 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:
Mndsm said:
...and honestly even in aged format is the best looking imo. 

I know this is just an opinion so there's not right or wrong but you're completely wrong here compared to the current Mustang.  They look hot.  Challenger is not bad to look at!  Just a bit too tall, like someone put the wrong springs in it too tall,   And the pillars are too fat.  And the rear window is too small.  And it weighs about 1000 pounds too much.  Otherwise it's not bad.

I liked the '09-'12 Mustangs best. Then the '13-'14 got the weird catfish lips on the grille. The '15-'17s were better than the '13-'14s, but still not as good as the '09-'12s. And the '18s are another backwards step. Saw them on the internet, did not care for the weird droopy front end and headlights. Saw them in person, liked them less

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/26/18 3:14 p.m.

Volareceraptor

poopshovel again
10/26/18 3:16 p.m.

Megalopolara

pres589 (djronnebaum)
10/26/18 3:16 p.m.

poopshovel again
10/26/18 3:17 p.m.

Cro-Mag-Neon

pres589 (djronnebaum)
10/26/18 3:19 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

See, and I think the '18 Mustang looks outstanding.  I don't understand why they didn't give the thing an actual liftback instead of the mail slot trunk lid.  And I'm sure people reading this are going to think I'm crazy and this is more stiff and yadda yadda it's a Mustang, who cares?  

poopshovel again
10/26/18 3:19 p.m.

PTerodactyl Cruiser

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/26/18 3:23 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Enjoying yourself?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
10/26/18 3:30 p.m.
poopshovel again said:

PTerodactyl Cruiser

Genius!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
10/26/18 3:35 p.m.

Come on big motor that they will put in the truck and bring back the SRT-10 Ram with NA 700hp and big toques.

Also MOPAR make the damn hellcat/redeye ram we all know you want to. Single cab, 10 speed and BIG OLD DRAG TIRES> 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
10/26/18 3:37 p.m.

What is the squishy stuff between the elephant's toes?

Slow natives

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o3zN5VEn3F1CB84AX9NGwdgWmrqSTt7qCFBUoQeud4mSdALPsdGxjPF8TGbShqjd