1 2 3 ... 28
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/12 9:09 p.m.

This is so annoying that I'm not even going to link this guy's ad.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
12/15/12 9:10 p.m.

I always laugh at those. Even if I'm selling a $3 part, the buyer gets a hi-res, clear photo of the item before he pays for it.......

why people think they can sell a car with a photo like this (or actually most photos on CL) is beyond me...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
12/15/12 9:10 p.m.

At least we know it's a Celica, looks to be a hatchback, has some definite front end damage.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/12 9:16 p.m.

Here's another.

Cash talks !

You must include your phone number, or I won't respond.

These are the only two photos:

old_
old_ New Reader
12/15/12 11:28 p.m.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/12 11:34 p.m.

I have been looking at sailboats on CL... one had 4 pictures.. all were fuzzy, and all were just slightly different angles on the same shot.. I am sure it is a nice looking boat from the side.. but I would want to see the OTHER side, and maybe the stern, and perhaps a shot of the cockpit or interior

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/16/12 7:26 a.m.

Oh, I can see this thread going on forever.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/16/12 7:40 a.m.

My submissions
After reading the listing, this pictures say that he was under the truck, got pissed, got off the cardboard creeper and took a picture for the ad.

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY MY TRUCK IT RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT HELL IF I HAD THE TIME MONEY AND TOOLS I WOULD FIX MYSELF IT'S JUST A FUEL PUMP PEOPLE IF YOU GOT A 18INCH SOCKET OR EVEN A 15INCH SOCKET YOU CAN DROP THE TANK OR EVEN LIFT THE BED YOURSELF. I WISH I KNEW SOMEBODY WITH A CHISEL SAW THEN ILL MAKE A HATCH FOR THE PUMP. It's white and Purple. 5.7litre 350 motor It drives good but fuel pump just went out. Don't have time to fix it so if you want it you'll have to tow it away. I have new fuel pump and filter. I have done a full tune up on it. The interior needs to be refurbished. Other then that it's a great truck I just don't have the time or the money to get the right tools to fix it. I'm open to trades but the vehicle has to be running and reliable. Tell me what you have to offer Via email or phone 810-820-6274 My truck is worth $3348 so my price is more then fair First $900 takes it. Also I'm not interested in anything thats not four wheels and can't ride rhe highway thnx. Here's pics

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/16/12 7:52 a.m.

damn, those are some pretty good sized nuts/bolts holding that tank in place

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
12/16/12 8:16 a.m.

My favorite are the ones where the car is in a shop or better yet on the lift. "Runs great, must sell".

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/12 8:38 a.m.

Here is the Boat I was talking about: All the pictures (3, not 4, sorry) are the same, just slightly different

1978 TANZER SAILBOAT. NO DAMAGE FROM STORM MUST SELL. OUTBOARD MOTOR, LIFE JACKETS, GALLEY BLUE & WHITE ENGINE RUNS EXCELLENT, EXTRA SAILS W/BOAT BOAT WAS SECURE DURING STORM NO DAMAGE $1500.00 CALLS ONLY XXX-XXX-XXXX (phone deleted to protect the guilty)

fanfoy
fanfoy New Reader
12/16/12 9:27 a.m.

This thread could go on for ever...a few local examples:

That one is the Civic that's for sale

These are just from the first page of results that I got...

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
12/16/12 9:33 a.m.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/16/12 9:48 a.m.

Great... A post that anybody can reply to...

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
12/16/12 12:00 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: My submissions After reading the listing, this pictures say that he was under the truck, got pissed, got off the cardboard creeper and took a picture for the ad. DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY MY TRUCK IT RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT HELL IF I HAD THE TIME MONEY AND TOOLS I WOULD FIX MYSELF IT'S JUST A FUEL PUMP PEOPLE IF YOU GOT A 18INCH SOCKET OR EVEN A 15INCH SOCKET YOU CAN DROP TjHE TANK OR EVEN LIFT THE BED YOURSELF. I WISH I KNEW SOMEBODY WITH A CHISEL SAW THEN ILL MAKE A HATCH FOR THE PUMP. It's white and Purple. 5.7litre 350 motor It drives good but fuel pump just went out. Don't have time to fix it so if you want it you'll have to tow it away. I have new fuel pump and filter. I have done a full tune up on it. The interior needs to be refurbished. Other then that it's a great truck I just don't have the time or the money to get the right tools to fix it. I'm open to trades but the vehicle has to be running and reliable. Tell me what you have to offer Via email or phone 810-820-6274 My truck is worth $3348 so my price is more then fair First $900 takes it. Also I'm not interested in anything thats not four wheels and can't ride rhe highway thnx. Here's pics

In the time it took him to type the ad, he could have changed the pump and been done with it.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
12/16/12 12:22 p.m.
grafmiata wrote: In the time it took him to type the ad, he could have changed the pump and been done with it.

I haven't done a fuel pump on a Chevy truck but I understand this guy. After failing to get the pumps out of the big Benz I totally understand the temptation to just stick a piece of dynamite in the tailpipe and be done with it.

And here is a great photo of a Lumina!

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
12/16/12 12:23 p.m.

Imported from Australia?

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
12/16/12 12:33 p.m.

It has SO MUCH DOWNFORCE...

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/16/12 12:40 p.m.

Don't forget this gem

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Reader
12/16/12 1:35 p.m.

The other day, I saw a listing for a "Crown Vick"

I'm still laughing

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
12/16/12 4:22 p.m.

I guess the car's worth it just for that snow brush.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
12/17/12 6:27 a.m.

No pic but I just saw an ad listing a car with a new "Catalpic converter" just installed. If you don't know how to spell a word, look it up, you are on the stinking internet for crying out loud!!

Enyar
Enyar Reader
12/17/12 10:58 a.m.

I found this one today (Hobie Cat Sailboat)

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/3483374133.html

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/17/12 11:12 a.m.

Hey, how much for the tramp?

Hobie seller said: New Tramp hull in great shape traler needs work Fun to sail (It is the blue and white one in pic)

MattGent
MattGent New Reader
12/17/12 4:54 p.m.

Need your own underwater camera for pics

Cl ad said: I have in hand a clean 29 foot inboard Fishing Vessel Florida title. This title is in my name and the GPS Numbers for Recovery. The vessel is in international water off the coast of Florida. I have the last know visible piece from the cabin of the vessel. "Brass 6 inch Bell" You will receive vessel Bell and the Florida Title plus GPS numbers.
1 2 3 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kOXjdaKdXMwrD3q86frVxkxcg45sUpAdyQZc2TmjAsjo6aE9KYKoqg5R4cyTEo7T