stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
6/11/08 9:02 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the Beardmore Brothers website has been discussed here before: http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/index.html They have built a number of cool Morris Minors and Ladas with Fiat twincam engines. I haven't looked at their site for a while, but I stopped by there tonight and saw they have a new project underway: combining the drivetrain and suspension from a Miata along with a hand built frame with a Minor body. It's pretty neat.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/12/08 10:02 a.m.

Wow, that's some significant modification. Shortening the control arms is a big job, but nicely done.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/12/08 1:14 p.m.

Wouldn't shortening the control arms, make the geometry worse? I know most race cars do what they can to make the arms as long as they possibly can. It's still a neat project though.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/12/08 1:34 p.m.

They shortened the fore-aft length of the lower arm. The fundamental geometry isn't changed. Making the subframes narrower would have more of an effect, but the stable roll centers should remain. Not a bad job. Great examples of how to use fixtures as well.

MyOldMGB
MyOldMGB New Reader
6/12/08 2:44 p.m.

Sniffle . . . gives me memories of my old "Project Morris Minor". Sigh

Hal
Hal HalfDork
6/12/08 5:15 p.m.

Damm, makes me wish I still had this one.

captainkarl
captainkarl New Reader
6/12/08 5:19 p.m.

Wow, that is some quality craftsmanship and truly an inspiration for getting it done at home...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DAZVCWIPNuS9weJx3hcfUSyKA2FFljPt0nFPTHF6UCRnGRQpnDcTMIbErD6y5EKq