Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
7/30/14 7:10 a.m.

Just doing my normal morning browse of local CL, since I'm kicking around what my next weekend toy will be. I came across this.... http://macon.craigslist.org/cto/4589992033.html

I'm really not planning to buy now, I want to wait until we make settlement on our new house in January, but this makes it seriously tempting. The ad seems a little car salesman-ish, but if the car is as clean as the photos suggest...damn! I've had one of this generation, and it was a sweet GT car. I like the look of the '94 and it is certainly a rare car.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/30/14 7:36 a.m.

Here is a link to his other ad for his AW11. I'm not crazy about the wheels on either car, but they are easy to change and the OEM wheels come with the '94.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/14 7:53 a.m.

Even if you don't buy it, please sneak over int he middle of the night and get that ridiculous "R" off of the fender. MR2 Type R for pete's sake...its sacrilege. TRD would be cool, but an R? AN R?!?! Grumble grumble grumble...

gearheadmb
gearheadmb New Reader
7/30/14 8:08 a.m.

I like the way that he is the third owner and he bought it from 1000 miles away but he somehow knows that it has always been maintained by a toyota mechanic who is also an mr2 enthusiast. Also, its only ever had gentle miles, applied by mature, well rounded individuals. The kind of mature well rounded individuals that buy an mr2 and slap an R sticker on the fender. I'm not knocking the car, its probably pretty nice, just every time I read a CL ad my BS meter just completely pegs out and I become a cynical, world hating pessimist.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
7/30/14 10:31 a.m.
T.J. wrote: Here is a link to his other ad for his AW11. I'm not crazy about the wheels on either car, but they are easy to change and the OEM wheels come with the '94.

"It crakes on the dime and drive pretty good."

WHAT?!

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
7/30/14 11:20 a.m.

Seems... expensive for an NA. If it's really that clean maybe it's worth it to you, but I would certainly shop around. 94-95's may be rare, but the other years weren't really.

evildky
evildky Dork
7/30/14 11:25 a.m.

The SW20 is pricey but getting hard to find nice clean cars. The AW11 is a rarity in that condition, not a bad price if you consider what it costs to find a lesser car and fix it.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
7/30/14 11:29 a.m.
evildky wrote: The AW11 is a rarity in that condition, not a bad price if you consider what it costs to find a lesser car and fix it.

Agreed. I've dumped way more money into mine than $3500 and mine still isn't that nice. I'd have no problem recommending buying that AW11.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
7/30/14 9:41 p.m.

My head hurts after reading the text.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
7/30/14 10:09 p.m.

Isn't a T-top car the LEAST desirable MR2?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/30/14 10:10 p.m.

I think the SW20 is definitely priced a little on the high side, especially given all the appearance modifications. You're getting close to a low-ish mileage nice turbo for that sort of money. Heck, I paid only a few hundred bucks more for my turbo with ~62k on it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WJouYFlEo821H9Kc5azwWMFfFWq80uj8lXiL6B2AvMrlUbTYKXJJlsmrdmdFhnln