1 2
Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/24/17 3:49 p.m.
NickD wrote:
Duke wrote:
NickD wrote: Clearly, because they are both automatics, you need to yank the drivetrain out of the rear of one of them and mount it in the front of the other and make yourself an 8 cylinder, all wheel drive MR2. Clearly.
That sounds like it would be quick in the quarter mile, but you better make sure you have it lined up correctly...
There was a LeMons team that ran an MR2 with an AE92 GT-S drivetrain in the front. Except that one had a 5-speed front drivetrain and an automatic rear drivetrain. This is it.

I was thinking more in terms of having 4 driven and 0 steerable wheels.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/24/17 3:53 p.m.
Duke wrote:
NickD wrote:
Duke wrote:
NickD wrote: Clearly, because they are both automatics, you need to yank the drivetrain out of the rear of one of them and mount it in the front of the other and make yourself an 8 cylinder, all wheel drive MR2. Clearly.
That sounds like it would be quick in the quarter mile, but you better make sure you have it lined up correctly...
There was a LeMons team that ran an MR2 with an AE92 GT-S drivetrain in the front. Except that one had a 5-speed front drivetrain and an automatic rear drivetrain. This is it.
I was thinking more in terms of having 4 driven and 0 steerable wheels.

Oh yeah, well, that'd be an issue. But it could be fixed.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
3/25/17 4:56 p.m.

I sent you a PM the other day, may be interested in the one that runs and drives if that will help out your situation

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
4/1/17 9:59 p.m.

A couple pictures. The car in the foreground is the runner.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
4/2/17 2:39 p.m.

Thanks for the e-mail James, look forward to seeing it in person soon.

BBC

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
4/7/17 12:16 p.m.

Here's the other one:

Both cars are very rust free.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HuNsoiQxMAPRZxDkflQgFUSGrwppJrHLMIjjOQQRJLNVhyx5wa4K74BTT5QDlnDc