TeamEvil Reader
April 17, 2013 1:59 p.m.

Anyone know the listed track width for a 1984 Mustang and a 1980 Triumph TR8?

I got an idea.

Please, just the listed factory track width for each car, don't need anything more than that.

Thanks,

TC

Rob_Mopar SuperDork
April 17, 2013 3:00 p.m.

I went to double-check my numbers, but boy do a lot of Fox Mustang references go around in circles on the interweb.

Quick Edit: 1983 Mustang GT track width: 56.6" Front /57.0" Rear From here: 1983 Daytona/Camaro/Mustang review

I thought the TR7 was right around 55. Did some digging and found this but it's hard to read: TR7 Specs

Front track: 55.5" Rear Track: 55.3"

Sorry, couldn't find the same sheet for a TR8.

Hasbro Dork
April 17, 2013 4:41 p.m.
TeamEvil Reader
April 18, 2013 1:05 p.m.

"I went to double-check my numbers, but boy do a lot of Fox Mustang references go around in circles on the interweb"

Do they EVER ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I even started checking other forums, Another doomed fellow was asking about track width and ended up with a lengthy answer about axle thicknesses, like this:

"I'll see if I can dig up some widths on the axles. Here is the info I have and hopefully it will help.

1979 and newer Mustang brake facts:

• 11"and smaller brakes fit under 15"+ wheels, 12" brakes require 16"+ wheels, and 13"+ brakes require a 17" or larger diameter wheels

• 1994-1998 Mustang rear axles are 3/4" wider on each side than a 79-93 Mustang.

• 1999 and newer Mustang rear axles are about 1 7/16" wider on each side than a 79-93 Mustang.

• 94 and newer Mustang 8.8 will bolt into a 79-93 Mustang but will require brake line adapters.

• Lincoln Mark7 LSC, SVO Mustang and Fox Body Saleens use a rear axle that is 1.25" wider per side than the 87-93 Mustangs.

• 94-95 spindles share the same track width as 79-93 spindles.

• 96 and up spindles have an 8mm wider track width.

• 79-93 Mustangs all use 9" drums with 7.5 and 8.8 rear axles.

• 4.0 liter Rangers use a wider 8.8 rear axle and 10" drums."

MAN ! ! ! That's one big load of ass-emission without a scrap of what I needed to know ! ! !

Thanks for the info guys ! ! !

TC

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Delivery, but Not From a Dealer

2 days ago in Project Cars

We pick up our new M235i straight from BMW.

Join Us at NASA Nationals

2 days ago in News

We'll be at Road Atlanta for NASA Nationals today. Come on by.

Come to the Solo Nationals Talent Show

3 days ago in News

We're bringing back the talent show at SCCA Solo Nationals with "Tacos and Talent."

Learn How to Attack Tracks Like a Pro

4 days ago in News

Mazdaspeed wants to teach you how to drive the best tracks in North America Like a pro.

Join Us at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock

5 days ago in News

We'll be traveling north for a couple vintage events over the coming weeks. Come say hello.

Last Week for our Classic Motorsports Half-Price Deal

5 days ago in News

August is drawing to a close, and so is our discount offer for our sister magazine.

Fearing the Focus

5 days ago in Project Cars

Our new (used) Focus breaks.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More