1 ... 8 9 10
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/19/13 11:49 p.m.

I got screwed out of that shell. Jason was going to get it, which left me in line for the white 90.

But then the TN guy disappeared, so naturally I got berkeleyed.

No worries. I don't like nice things.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/20/13 12:20 a.m.

That blows!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/22/13 3:51 p.m.

Well, here's some updates on the black car, which ALSO didn't make it due to some pretty E36 M3ty situations again.

First, some carnage. Here's the old cam seal. Probably fine.

Oh look, a turbo. (Later to be clocked downward for the best FMIC piping ever seen on one of these cars.)

This thing sits REALLY tight to the block. Hence some of the really annoying modifications i had to make.

Some ingenuity and the factory fan circuit crap is gone.

Thank you, Earl's.

Addco doesn't actually make rear swaybar brackets that work properly with their rear bar for these cars. Fail. Prothane to the rescue for $8 shipped.

Got screwed by some moron on PerformanceProbe out of an Aeromotive 13109 like what i run on the red car, so had to grab this from China. $25 shipped. Will probably not catch the car on fire.

Wastegate pipe and some gauge line kits, ebay scores.

A welcome surprise found in the black car already.

Skunkwerks.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/22/13 3:55 p.m.

Doing my least favorite thing. You would not BELIEVE the wiring berkeleyery this poor thing had on it. Ever seen a wideband installed with vamp clamps drawing power from the radio constant on 12v and ground from a interior dimmer switch before?

Playing with fuel pump assemblies with help from Yamaha.

pre-intercooler piping finalized. Bad picture, looking down.

JamesMcD came out and welded up an awesome exhaust. Moar bumper dumperz.

Will be slash cut to poke out bumper just right.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/22/13 3:58 p.m.

Now, the bad news. This car is pretty much finished. Need to source a set of shocks since the Konis i had just clearly won't work, and install the rear sway bar. That's about it.

HOWEVER, the idiot who last touched this transmission tightened the speedo gear down too much and snapped the mounting tab, which means that there's no way to keep the 4qts of fluid i just put in the trans, inside the trans while driving. Strike one.

Next, the brand new Innovate MTX-L i purchased off of Ebay from some liquidator at an insane price is 100% DOA. No longer such a good deal. Strike two. (And also the main reason the car didn't go, because i can't run it without a wideband.)

And, because i'm stupid, i timed the motor 180 degrees out and it doesn't run. Not a big deal, i can fix that in 10 minutes.

One more day of work will finish this thing.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/22/13 4:51 p.m.

I still haven't seen the intercooler piping. Yamaha warned me that it was amazing.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/22/13 4:53 p.m.

Throttle body side looks like mine, except you have a blow off valve penis-y thingy where your battery used to be.

The other side is kinda in this picture: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7_xQLgvEfq4/UnJgtkjFmgI/AAAAAAAAFr8/bx00DTOBtbU/s800/20131030_201334.jpg

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/22/13 7:11 p.m.

We're gonna have to get together before the Challenge!!!

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/22/13 7:41 p.m.

Assuming I can make it out for Challenge this year (the whole june thing might berkeley me) I would leave early and would further like to meet everyone in that area.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
11/24/13 1:27 a.m.

This looks awesome. I demand video footage.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
11/24/13 6:06 p.m.

If I see a good door hinge or that window seal part on the door should I still get them? I have seen a few mx6s, but neither of those parts were good for anything except illustrating why someone would need new ones for their car lol.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/24/13 6:32 p.m.

what turbo is on that??? By the inlet it looks like a T3 of some sort.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/24/13 7:05 p.m.

Was originally purchased advertised as a GN turbo. May well be a GNX turbo. If it is, it's gone as soon as I get it- I've got GN guys that are waiting in line for it.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/25/13 8:33 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: If I see a good door hinge or that window seal part on the door should I still get them? I have seen a few mx6s, but neither of those parts were good for anything except illustrating why someone would need new ones for their car lol.

Yes please if you could... The red car needs that part, this black car is fine. Weird, though... the red car is the first one i've seen with this messed up.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/25/13 8:34 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Was originally purchased advertised as a GN turbo. May well be a GNX turbo. If it is, it's gone as soon as I get it- I've got GN guys that are waiting in line for it.

Bear in mind.... while i DO think it's a GNX turbo, it's also been modified, so unless they've got external wastegates already, (which would be silly to do that work on a GN with a small turbo like this) they're going to have a bad time.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/25/13 8:37 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
mndsm wrote: Was originally purchased advertised as a GN turbo. May well be a GNX turbo. If it is, it's gone as soon as I get it- I've got GN guys that are waiting in line for it.
Bear in mind.... while i DO think it's a GNX turbo, it's also been modified, so unless they've got external wastegates already, (which would be silly to do that work on a GN with a small turbo like this) they're going to have a bad time.

It's GN guys. They're not always the smartest. You're mixing G-bodies and turbos, and mullets. It gets them all confused.

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p94hWYMOdyH69l1yxC4xFJVirWL4NlpHyFNiC0Phox7khVM5Q3iKxSGWLwfZqmXP