1 2
ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/7/10 8:23 p.m.
pigeon wrote: I got a better look at the wheels They are A-Tech Competitons (sold now as MB Wheels) - roughly 13.5 lbs per wheel.

How much for you wheels? I want buy your wheels. Sell them to me!

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
7/7/10 8:27 p.m.

Good find!

That's a color you don't see everyday. What's it called? (Besides "green"...)

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
7/7/10 8:46 p.m.
shadetree30 wrote: That's a color you don't see everyday. What's it called? (Besides "green"...)

I think it's actually Delphin Grey, it's just getting green reflections from the lawn.

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/7/10 8:58 p.m.
shadetree30 wrote: Good find! That's a color you don't see everyday. What's it called? (Besides "green"...)

It's actually a darkish gray - crappy iphone pics. I'll have to get the color next time I pop the hood.

The wheels are multi-pattern 16s and apparently weigh 16lbs. I'm quite pleased with them.

The car is home now but just at sunset so no pics. Stupid hamfisted me snapped the cruise control lever off halfway home trying to coast a bit. I confirmed the fan clutch is toast - after the 1/2 hour freeway drive home there temp gauge at idle went to 3/4 hot, popped the hood and fan not running. Looks like it's around $65; I need to check to see if the aux. fan for the a/c is still there - if so I may just run that.

It did something a bit odd to me - about 5 seconds after shutdown there were 5 beeps. Any ideas what that might be?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
7/7/10 9:12 p.m.

thats nice, i just need to buy one of these already

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/7/10 9:19 p.m.
pigeon wrote: It did something a bit odd to me - about 5 seconds after shutdown there were 5 beeps. Any ideas what that might be?

My guess on the beeps is an alarm. My car does not do the same thing and I have no alarm.
Interesting that your car has a tan interior. My exterior is the same color and same year but i have black. I just did not think that interior color choice was a free standing option.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
7/7/10 10:11 p.m.
ddavidv wrote:
pigeon wrote: I got a better look at the wheels They are A-Tech Competitons (sold now as MB Wheels) - roughly 13.5 lbs per wheel.
How much for you wheels? I want buy your wheels. Sell them to me!

Dforce wheels, that look and weigh the same, can be had for less than $400 shipped in 15x7 ET 25.

If you're interested PM me and I can give you my contact.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/7/10 10:29 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote:
pigeon wrote: It did something a bit odd to me - about 5 seconds after shutdown there were 5 beeps. Any ideas what that might be?
My guess on the beeps is an alarm. My car does not do the same thing and I have no alarm. Interesting that your car has a tan interior. My exterior is the same color and same year but i have black. I just did not think that interior color choice was a free standing option.

Could also be an aftermarket stereo if there is one installed

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/7/10 10:45 p.m.

No evidence of an alarm. It may be the stereo, it's an aftermarket with removable faceplate and one working speaker LOL. I'll yank the faceplate and see if it does it again.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
7/8/10 7:56 a.m.

is it a sony?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/8/10 8:10 a.m.

Man, that's a NICE looking E30 at any price!!! I must buy one of these someday. I even like the color!

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/8/10 8:32 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Dforce wheels, that look and weigh the same, can be had for less than $400 shipped in 15x7 ET 25. If you're interested PM me and I can give you my contact.

I've got (the same?) contact and know about them. I was teasing our OP. I'll probably get a set in the next few months.

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/8/10 10:19 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
shadetree30 wrote: That's a color you don't see everyday. What's it called? (Besides "green"...)
I think it's actually Delphin Grey, it's just getting green reflections from the lawn.

Correct on the color.

I had a few minutes to look at it this evening, and the underhood electrical is a mess. There's a ratty ground strap attached to the hood but not attached anywhere else - where does it go? I also noticed that the "non return valve" on the brake booster vac line is broken and had been glued back together, which may be one of the vac leaks causing off-idle hesitation. I may try to reglue it; otherwise it's a $50 part. There's a whole list of other smallish problems that I'll have to address one at a time. Still, for $500 I can't complain too much.

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/19/10 8:21 p.m.

To update - car is now gone As I started to get into it I kept finding things that made me uncomfortable and I realized the running tab to make this car do what I want would fund one in the shape I wanted without all the (free) labor on my part. So, I posted it on craigslist for $750 figuring I'd have to bargain down a bit and had 3 full price cash offers within an hour. I sold it to the first caller, who ironically enough was the second caller to the guy I bought it from. I did make a couple bucks after you figure in registration fees, insurance, the full tank of gas I put into it and a couple parts I bought, but I didn't gouge anyone so I don't feel bad. Heck, with the response I got to my ad I probably could have gotten $1k for it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UbsDE5IJprLAeAWNpYBSIJ6SS66R86wJz8nOUtTPwLuO5CX3iX4qg6FTMn9Ivkjw