924guy
924guy HalfDork
10/26/08 7:46 p.m.

Strut assemblies are friggen heavy, oh not too bad at first...but after pulling two sets and reinstalling one set, im shot... But now the front of my 78 has 944 five lug goodness, uprated brakes, uprated rotors, larger front sway bar (which i still have to weld up two mounting tabs for. )

Im am not looking forward to doing the rears(drum to disk conversion!), but I cant stop now!! okay, i can, my back needs to recover first, and itll be a while before i get another day off, but looking at big fronts and little rear wheels everyday should keep me motivated... an no, those arent $2008 wheels, had to borrow them from my stash o wheels to get the car off the jackstands...

Duende
Duende New Reader
10/26/08 9:18 p.m.

Those cars are really growing on me. I saw a black one at work the other day with a gigantic spoiler and nice wheels, it looked really sharp.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
10/26/08 10:01 p.m.

I like the vericross in the background too. Don't see those very often.

Duende
Duende New Reader
10/26/08 10:02 p.m.

Whoa, geez, you sure don't.

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
10/27/08 7:35 a.m.

That's too bad you're so far away, I'd love to lend a helping hand and learn me some more 924 goodness. Good luck with the rear brake conversion!

924guy
924guy HalfDork
10/27/08 8:24 a.m.

the early 924 is one of the easiest "sports" cars from that era you can get to work on, and very cheap to find if you look around a bit (lots of 924's with CIS fuel injection issues get pushed to the back yard and stay there, but mostly theyre not too hard to fix if you do your homework.) They wont win any drag races, and the engines are hard to upgrade (restrictive head but a bullet proof bottom end) but they are a blast to drive and easy to toss around, and the 944/968 were based on them, it was a true evolution so late model parts can go on early cars , many of which, like the suspension are bolt right on.. :)

I've been keeping an online diary of sorts of my builds at my car domain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/924Guy

I Love my Vehicross, best truck Ive ever owned, and can do anything from tow the cars, to climb mountain trails, to handle like a sports car on the road (literally!) lots of fun to own one.

ChrisTaylor
ChrisTaylor New Reader
10/27/08 12:16 p.m.

I've got a lovely project for anybody in the Central Texas area!

phillyj
phillyj Reader
10/27/08 4:44 p.m.
Nitroracer wrote: I like the vericross in the background too. Don't see those very often.

this is the only forum where people comment on the cars in the background. you guys got some problem with your vision. haha

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LHERqlwiW2JcEHQONeVmVuok4Glh98BzUjGq6gMOERVRsESgK7GtSlugIAtOQlFz