Yupyoudidit. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/19 6:49 p.m.

That blows i was looking forward to meeting you 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/25/19 9:58 p.m.

Do about the big "D" and I too am bummed about not getting the chance to meet you this year at the challenge.  I was looking forward to chatting about Jag stuff. 

Where did you get your inspiration for the dual Mustang throttle bodies? Is that a common upgrade for these big Merc. V-12's ?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/26/19 12:29 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I know. Just not going to have time to finish the car with everything going on. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/26/19 12:40 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Do about the big "D" and I too am bummed about not getting the chance to meet you this year at the challenge.  I was looking forward to chatting about Jag stuff. 

Where did you get your inspiration for the dual Mustang throttle bodies? Is that a common upgrade for these big Merc. V-12's ?

There's no common upgrades for the NA v12's lol.

I mostly want to simplify the car. The way the throttle bodies are setup on these cars (eta - electronic throttle actuators), it's kind of a PITA to test and repair. They have their own ecu's and the engine has 2. Plus, my engine harness looks good but the eta's harness and wiring inside aren't good. Just to replace those and the wiring it'll be easily more than building a MS system lol.  

Also, I have a buddy who builds MS harnesses for people as a hobby. He recommended mustang throttle bodies too. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/7/19 10:17 a.m.

Update. 

I've got to work on the car a little. And drove it too. It has some really annoying issues that I don't have time for RIGHT NOW. But, I feel like starting the new year I'll have the time to dedicate to the car.

Also, I found another v12 from the same year. It's black but a coupe and would be more than challenge eligible. The owner needs to sell it, and everything that's wrong with mine is working on his soooo....I might have 2 assuming I find space for it. 

My stable may go from Excursion, XJR, S600 to Escalade, S600 sedan, and S600 coupe all in black on black. Anybody want a 7.3 Excursion and XJR? devil

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/19 12:41 p.m.
yupididit said:

My stable may go from Excursion, XJR, S600 to Escalade, S600 sedan, and S600 coupe all in black on black. 

Average cylinders per vehicle greater than 8 = winning at GRM Life

yupididit
10/9/19 9:48 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
yupididit said:

My stable may go from Excursion, XJR, S600 to Escalade, S600 sedan, and S600 coupe all in black on black. 

Average cylinders per vehicle greater than 8 = winning at GRM Life

I'm averaging over 8 now. That'll bring me over 10. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/9/19 10:48 a.m.

Uhhhh, details on the xjr??

yupididit
10/9/19 6:51 p.m.
Robbie said:

Uhhhh, details on the xjr??

You don't have my number? Lol

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/9/19 7:29 p.m.
yupididit said:

Update. 

Anybody want a 7.3 Excursion and XJR? devil

Did you say XJR ?

I'm all ears.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
10/9/19 7:42 p.m.

This thread had me perusing FB Marketplace and Craigslist for V12 Mercs today. Damn they are cheap!!! I'm both scared and excited at the same time.

yupididit
10/9/19 8:02 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

This thread had me perusing FB Marketplace and Craigslist for V12 Mercs today. Damn they are cheap!!! I'm both scared and excited at the same time.

Stay away from 2000-2002 v12 Mercedes lol. Other than that, do it! 

yupididit
10/9/19 8:03 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

You want another? Lol

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/9/19 10:04 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

Go 03 up.  My 200k mile 2003 cl600 is still plugging along,  but I do need to address the rear main at some point.  I'm also getting a little bored with it and itching for a new DD.  2014 and up s63 currently has my attention,  but in typical fashion I'll probably end up with something older and more needy,  so maybe an e55.

yupididit
10/9/19 10:17 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Save the S600 for me please! 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/9/19 10:45 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to Cotton :

Save the S600 for me please! 

I'm trying to get my new shop built and will have a two and four post lift in it.  With make it much easier to finally tackle the turbo rebuild on that s600!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
10/10/19 11:04 a.m.
Cotton said:
Tony Sestito said:

Go 03 up.  My 200k mile 2003 cl600 is still plugging along,  but I do need to address the rear main at some point.  I'm also getting a little bored with it and itching for a new DD.  2014 and up s63 currently has my attention,  but in typical fashion I'll probably end up with something older and more needy,  so maybe an e55.

Although not a V12, I've had a thing for the E55 since the model was introduced. Those things just do it for me. Owning one of these is probably the worst idea ever, but you never know.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AYeJe4EDjqpUhWYa4EZ8UXeSKiTMBXNMIdiBLudg31fBnp24j5whQA09LaD8EgKE