Chris New Reader
July 8, 2015 9:17 a.m.

Hey guys! My name is Chris, you know, the new intern here at Grassroots? I know you guys haven't heard or seen much of me, but I promise I've been hard at work making videos for the magazines. Check it out yourselves. https://www.youtube.com/user/GRMtv/videos That link will send you to our constantly updated YouTube channel. If you like them, tell me. If not, tell me. Let's make this fun!

yamaha MegaDork
July 8, 2015 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Chris:

Let me know when you smash an otherwise good condition miata.

turboswede MegaDork
July 8, 2015 9:57 a.m.

Wow. They let you out of the van, eh?

I've been a subscriber your GRM's YouTube page for a while. Fun content, looking forward to more!

Chris New Reader
July 8, 2015 10:21 a.m.

In reply to turboswede: Good to hear! Trust me there's plenty more to come.

Chris New Reader
July 8, 2015 10:21 a.m.

In reply to yamaha: Yeah? We'll see what I can do

echoechoecho New Reader
July 8, 2015 10:59 a.m.

subscribed! GRM should definitely do a monthly webisode. just saying

jstein77 SuperDork
July 8, 2015 11:06 a.m.

Hey Chris, mark July 29th on your calendar for a Deland autocross. Anybody at the magazine will show you the way, it's only 15 minutes from the office.

I won't be there (in the Bahamas for the weekend), but if you get totally hooked, I'll see you in OCCC on August 9th.

tomtomgt356 New Reader
July 8, 2015 11:11 a.m.

Well, there goes today's productivity... Subscribed!

JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
July 8, 2015 12:04 p.m.

Chris, you may be just the guy to ask...
At the $2014 Challenge I competed with the Infiniti Q45. During the Concourse portion, JG shot video of our entire judging presentation. He shot this with what looked like a large-ish Sony Camcorder (not a SLR camera.)

This video has never surfaced.
Are you the man to find it?

Thanks in advance.

N Sperlo MegaDork
July 8, 2015 12:38 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote: subscribed! GRM should definitely do a monthly webisode. just saying

I second echo's motion.

Chris New Reader
July 8, 2015 12:39 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621: I can ask our man JG if he has that footage. I'll let you know!

Ian F MegaDork
July 8, 2015 12:40 p.m.

Shouldn't your title be "InternDork"?

Welcome. I'll check out the videos tonight (YT blocked at work).

Gary Dork
July 8, 2015 12:48 p.m.

Chris, can you look into the status of the Dork stickers?

Chris New Reader
July 8, 2015 1:20 p.m.

In reply to echoechoecho: Describe what you mean by webisode!

N Sperlo MegaDork
July 8, 2015 1:25 p.m.

Be creative. Is there still a GRM Podcast going? Use similar ideas. Even if it's walking around the office berkeleying with people and pissing them off (of course being on topic with motorsports of some type would always be preferable). If you're having fun, so are your viewers. After all. I ran a majorly unsuccessful motorsports show for a year. I know what I'm talking about.

web·i·sode
ˈwebiˌsōd/
noun
an original episode derived from a television series, made for online viewing.
an online video that presents an original short film or promotes a product, movie, or television series.

Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
July 8, 2015 1:36 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

We actually talked about doing that in a recent meeting. Pretty much walking around the office with a camera being weird.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
July 8, 2015 4:30 p.m.

Camera in the office is just in-jokes that only the cool kids get and angry people throwing coffee cups at the intern - which is funny for approximately 3.2 seconds.

See Mighty Car Mods and Roadkill for car based webisodes with some real substance and staying power. Both are available on Youtube.

Chris New Reader
July 9, 2015 12:29 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: Camera in the office is just in-jokes that only the cool kids get and angry people throwing coffee cups at the intern - which is funny for approximately 3.2 seconds. See Mighty Car Mods and Roadkill for car based webisodes with some real substance and staying power. Both are available on Youtube.

We can do something like this too. Jokes around the office never hurt anyone! We'll see what I can do!

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Autocross: It's a Jeep Thing

8 hours ago in Articles

What’s a yellow Jeep doing on an autocross course?

GRM Live on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

11 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Tech Tips: 2005-'14 Ford Mustang GT

12 hours ago in Articles

Want to learn some speed tricks for the S197 Ford Mustang GT? We brought in an expert.

Removing Clear Bra From Project Rallycross Focus

12 hours ago in Project Cars

Our latest to-do item was motivated by self-respect rather than speed.

2017 Ram 1500 Night Edition Crew Cab

13 hours ago in New Car Reviews

Half-ton trucks are just getting bigger and bigger, aren't they. This Ram 150, dubbed "Night Edition," is really an optioned-out ...

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

14 hours ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Action Cam Guide

1 day ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

1 day ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

1 day ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

4 days ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

4 days ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI 4Motion

4 days ago in New Car Reviews

Say hello to the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S with 4Motion. It comes with a turbocharged 1.8-liter engine that is ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
KPjgkHvp6vxq87hB7jMgRo1BQgYrhUUv