Chris
Chris New Reader
7/8/15 9:17 a.m.

Hey guys! My name is Chris, you know, the new intern here at Grassroots? I know you guys haven't heard or seen much of me, but I promise I've been hard at work making videos for the magazines. Check it out yourselves. https://www.youtube.com/user/GRMtv/videos That link will send you to our constantly updated YouTube channel. If you like them, tell me. If not, tell me. Let's make this fun!

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
7/8/15 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Chris:

Let me know when you smash an otherwise good condition miata.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
7/8/15 9:57 a.m.

Wow. They let you out of the van, eh?

I've been a subscriber your GRM's YouTube page for a while. Fun content, looking forward to more!

Chris
Chris New Reader
7/8/15 10:21 a.m.

In reply to turboswede: Good to hear! Trust me there's plenty more to come.

Chris
Chris New Reader
7/8/15 10:21 a.m.

In reply to yamaha: Yeah? We'll see what I can do

echoechoecho
echoechoecho New Reader
7/8/15 10:59 a.m.

subscribed! GRM should definitely do a monthly webisode. just saying

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
7/8/15 11:06 a.m.

Hey Chris, mark July 29th on your calendar for a Deland autocross. Anybody at the magazine will show you the way, it's only 15 minutes from the office.

I won't be there (in the Bahamas for the weekend), but if you get totally hooked, I'll see you in OCCC on August 9th.

tomtomgt356
tomtomgt356 New Reader
7/8/15 11:11 a.m.

Well, there goes today's productivity... Subscribed!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/8/15 12:04 p.m.

Chris, you may be just the guy to ask...
At the $2014 Challenge I competed with the Infiniti Q45. During the Concourse portion, JG shot video of our entire judging presentation. He shot this with what looked like a large-ish Sony Camcorder (not a SLR camera.)

This video has never surfaced.
Are you the man to find it?

Thanks in advance.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/8/15 12:38 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote: subscribed! GRM should definitely do a monthly webisode. just saying

I second echo's motion.

Chris
Chris New Reader
7/8/15 12:39 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621: I can ask our man JG if he has that footage. I'll let you know!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/8/15 12:40 p.m.

Shouldn't your title be "InternDork"?

Welcome. I'll check out the videos tonight (YT blocked at work).

Gary
Gary Dork
7/8/15 12:48 p.m.

Chris, can you look into the status of the Dork stickers?

Chris
Chris New Reader
7/8/15 1:20 p.m.

In reply to echoechoecho: Describe what you mean by webisode!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/8/15 1:25 p.m.

Be creative. Is there still a GRM Podcast going? Use similar ideas. Even if it's walking around the office berkeleying with people and pissing them off (of course being on topic with motorsports of some type would always be preferable). If you're having fun, so are your viewers. After all. I ran a majorly unsuccessful motorsports show for a year. I know what I'm talking about.

web·i·sode
ˈwebiˌsōd/
noun
an original episode derived from a television series, made for online viewing.
an online video that presents an original short film or promotes a product, movie, or television series.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
7/8/15 1:36 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

We actually talked about doing that in a recent meeting. Pretty much walking around the office with a camera being weird.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
7/8/15 4:30 p.m.

Camera in the office is just in-jokes that only the cool kids get and angry people throwing coffee cups at the intern - which is funny for approximately 3.2 seconds.

See Mighty Car Mods and Roadkill for car based webisodes with some real substance and staying power. Both are available on Youtube.

Chris
Chris New Reader
7/9/15 12:29 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: Camera in the office is just in-jokes that only the cool kids get and angry people throwing coffee cups at the intern - which is funny for approximately 3.2 seconds. See Mighty Car Mods and Roadkill for car based webisodes with some real substance and staying power. Both are available on Youtube.

We can do something like this too. Jokes around the office never hurt anyone! We'll see what I can do!

Our Preferred Partners
zqsGLSPE9OVLRwWCilllpOAlygSUCVuf