1 2
RoughandReady
RoughandReady Reader
2/17/14 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Ransom:

I'll cut them off and see if they're made of bondo or not. I'll ship them, but it'll probably be expensive.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Not sure. Google failed me. I'd say they're bigger than what you have. I can take a measurement when I'm back at the yard.

Sick wheels on that MX6.

smog7
smog7 Dork
2/17/14 9:42 p.m.

I love me some pick n pull.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/17/14 11:32 p.m.

In reply to RoughandReady:

Bondo? I'm talking about the outer half of the clamshell pair that makes up the inner fenders that prevent road spray from filling the whole quarter panel...

Like this:

(only that example is for a '64-ish Mustang, and it's the inner half rather than the outer half...)

I've seen people do some nutty stuff, but bondo-ing inner fenders would be way up there...

Apologies for the threadjack. Feel free to switch to PM...

RoughandReady
RoughandReady Reader
2/18/14 12:12 a.m.

Ahh, INNER fender. I misread. I can cut them out tomorrow.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
2/18/14 12:05 p.m.

I may have to put together a pic n pull toolbox after reading this. Seems like a good way to spend a couple of hours looking for stuff I didn't know I needed.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady Reader
2/19/14 3:57 p.m.

Looooong day. I decided to get this Falcon carcass out of my driveway.

Just like peeling an orange.

Sorry Ransom. Other side is worse.

The sawzall was really slowing down while going through the passenger side quarter.

Mmmmm chicken wire and bondo. There's about an inch there.

That's everything.

And everything in wagon load 3.

Time to start cleaning. I'm berkeleying tired.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/19/14 4:03 p.m.
RoughandReady wrote: In reply to Ransom: I'll cut them off and see if they're made of bondo or not. I'll ship them, but it'll probably be expensive. In reply to Swank Force One: Not sure. Google failed me. I'd say they're bigger than what you have. I can take a measurement when I'm back at the yard. Sick wheels on that MX6.

Bigger is probably going to be a no-go. I have another bumper i'm putting on the MX6 and i'm not even sure if the current ones are going to work. If you think to take measurements that'd be awesome, though!

The wheels are FD RX7 oem wheels, thanks!

RoughandReady
RoughandReady Reader
2/19/14 4:11 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Really? Damn, a bit of paint makes all the difference.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/19/14 4:20 p.m.

Well, heck. Thanks for checking them, anyhow!

Guess I'll learn a bit about making kinda-sorta-mini-tubs and get myself some additional tire clearance while I'm at it...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/19/14 4:22 p.m.
RoughandReady wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: Really? Damn, a bit of paint makes all the difference.

Heh, i powdercoated them.

Antique white with a pearl clear.

They were super rough and disgusting when i got them for i think slightly less than scrap price. Horrible rattle can paint job, tons of rash.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady Reader
2/19/14 4:32 p.m.

Ooooooooooo Sparkly.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6L8RscnQkDbKOVfGKQY1Qri8YRi1LoeuLaL6h9cPCua0xpSO9RvVfCpcMUhZVLAr