irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
8/19/19 7:28 p.m.

I guess this could go in some other section, but not trying to sell anything. Just thought it was funny since IIRC this car was at one point in GRM magazine and I had a build thread for it here...

Anyhoooo....

Just browsing for other stuff, and see the e21 with a test-fitted M42 conversion (engine mostly rebuilt) just popped up on Marketplace, along with the caged e21 shell it was supposed to go into. Guess the owner gave up on the project or something - doesn't look like he ever installed the engine (I only had it mounted in the gray e21, never ran it, and now it's sitting in the caged one). Anyhow, kind of funny how things go in circles in the car world....makes me a bit sad that this has now been a twice-failed project. I didn't "fail" a it per se, just decided I didn't want to have a second old BMW at the time.......

Side note: This would probably be a great GRM Challenge car for that price. Just that blue air dam on the parts car is worth a good bit, as it was brand-new (IIRC). 

Side note: not sure why it says automatic trans. It should have a G240. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/19/19 9:29 p.m.

That's pretty fun to see your old car like that. 

Also, let me be the first to say good thing I don't live close.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
8/19/19 9:52 p.m.

For 2 years since I sold it, I wished I had kept that engine. It was much better than the two M42s I had in my own e30 lol. Had a perfect crank, perfect timing stuff, new rings, new bearings, new pretty much everything. Never fired it up, and i guess they never did either. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hErO60YMInwRoNCZePhzkqv2TpLh6k7Bfx9HyjHhDqrSm3Gd5PoUHii02eKmJ7NU