fatallightning
fatallightning
5/21/08 1:24 a.m.

i wassss going to bump my old post, but well, ya know :grin: anyway, finally got to breaking out some wrenches on my 1400 beater ass miata. new rotors and pads all around, new caliper to replace the passenger side front seized one. those caliper brackets can be a bitch. popped some shite oem replacement exhaust for an ebay special and put on my new wheels. still much to do, hopefully get my new kee top on tomorrow, and the HG/waterpump/hoses/belts i have sitting around on. no more insane vibes, from the rotors. and brakes i can use. yee haw.

before: Photobucket Photobucket

after: mmmm shiny Photobucket

yes i worked in the pouring rain. rolling around on the ground. in 50 degree temperature. Photobucket

new exhaust. not obtrusive at all. you cant see the cans, theyre tucked behind the bumper cover. Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

money shot. didnt clean it, just happened to be out shopping with the woman when the sun broke through. the stance isnt set. tokico blues with hp springs on the way going on NB mounts in front, ISC in the rear. need to roll the fenders a bit. Photobucket

Luke
Luke HalfDork
5/21/08 4:09 a.m.

Awesome Miata you've got there. I love the wheel choice.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/21/08 8:37 a.m.

Beautiful!

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
5/21/08 10:56 a.m.

I'm digging those wheels. Can you give some specs on size, weight, and cost?

This is further evidence that I need colored rims on my white Miata.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/21/08 11:02 a.m.

Did ya post it in Readers' Rides?

fatallightning
fatallightning None
5/21/08 11:16 a.m.

theyre speed max aka XXR, 503s i believe. 15x8 +15 offset. 14.5 lbs. cheap though, 90 a piece. they come in gold, black, gunmetal as well. ill post in reader rides once i get the suspension and other odds and ends buttoned up. today was supposed to be do the top day but i overslept haha.

amaff
amaff Reader
5/21/08 12:27 p.m.

boo photobucket being blocked @ work :(

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
5/21/08 1:10 p.m.
fatallightning wrote: theyre speed max aka XXR, 503s i believe. 15x8 +15 offset. 14.5 lbs. cheap though, 90 a piece. they come in gold, black, gunmetal as well. ill post in reader rides once i get the suspension and other odds and ends buttoned up. today was supposed to be do the top day but i overslept haha.

15x8? $90ea.? <15lbs.?!? And Red to make them go faster?!?!?

Where did you get these from?

Edit: Never mind. Edge Racing. Answered my own question. I hadn't noticed that they had these in 15x8. I want some 15x8's.

Now my conundrum is, these in 15x8 at 14.5lbs, or Falken Hanabi in 15x7 at 11lbs.?

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
5/21/08 1:40 p.m.

yeah edge. they were out of stock on some. i got mine from buywheelstoday.com they also have 2 15x8 styles in zero offset if you roll and pull and camber.

xxr 513 in 15x7 +15 or 15x8 +0

xxr 002 15x8 +0

caffecapri
caffecapri New Reader
5/21/08 4:54 p.m.

Nice setup.....want to see pics after the drop/roll.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 New Reader
5/21/08 8:16 p.m.

The car looks good as is, and it'll look awesome when it's lowered. Are the XXR brand wheels the same as the Sportmax ones or what? Is that your Mustang in the background as well?

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
5/22/08 8:27 p.m.
Ryan9118 wrote: The car looks good as is, and it'll look awesome when it's lowered. Are the XXR brand wheels the same as the Sportmax ones or what? Is that your Mustang in the background as well?

yes xxr is the new name for sportmax for some reason. my wheels had sportmax caps. that is my dads mustang. 96 mystic cobra with a built 98 SVT 32v motor and vortech blower. he has a 98 gt and 2k2 gt vert also. hes silly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JVJ7nij0NHTnXvAEtCty2DDr1vqF2XpyifhHCXCH9cZaJnpjsmZ0Cxyub3zcbZfK