1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
4/3/11 8:49 p.m.
wlkelley3 wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: M35A2
Obviously never driven one of these for any length of time. Spent some time driving these. The manual transmission one had a weird shift pattern (3rd & 4th were reversed), huge steering wheel with lots of play and more than completely around to make a turn. Power steering? In your dreams. Accelerate like a turtle, doesn't stop much better. Ride like a log truck. Top speed is less than the speed limit. But about unstoppable. Wait........ I get it now.

We've got a cabin in the middle of the Ocala National Forest. How would this not be awesome on the thousands of miles of trails?

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
4/3/11 9:10 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: In reply to aeronca65t: I've watched that race several times this year. Talk about on the edge. I would never have looked twice at that car before seeing that race. I looked it up online and found that they come with an A series engine in them. It's surprising how fast that car was. Be sure to show us pictures of your project.

Will do. ~Some photos from a while ago.

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 Reader
4/3/11 9:22 p.m.

This was my dad's project--had a turbo 232...real Minilites too.

calteg
calteg New Reader
4/3/11 9:23 p.m.

Drove the cargo version of this, came away shocked by how quick it was, and how big the aftermarket is.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/4/11 3:43 a.m.

61-63 Caddy hearse, preferably the S&S, not the Miller Metor. And preferably with a massive 10-71 blower on top of a Caddy 500

Lotus Esprit... but that fits into the "cars I want but can't afford" category.

+6,000,000 for the Lesabre T-type. I'm actually drawing up some plans to do one of those trunk spoilers on my Impala SS. I loved how it didn't sit above the trunk, just straight off the back.

I had a 91 Beretta and loved it. I always wanted the Indy version. Its so Miami Vice.

And the convertible version that was WAAAY too floppy to make it to production.

I've always been into the carbon-copy weirdness that you can only get in Canada, like the Pontiac Firefly:

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
4/4/11 7:43 a.m.

Current gen Chrysler minivans... as I get older and more pragmatic, the more I like the simple utility of a minivan.

FlightService
FlightService HalfDork
4/4/11 7:48 a.m.
calteg wrote: Drove the cargo version of this, came away shocked by how quick it was, and how big the aftermarket is.

+1 on the sprinter, I have wanted one of those. Especially the Airstream Interstate version.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
4/4/11 8:28 a.m.

old fast-back Caddys:

(although I like the '49 better than the '47 pictured)

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
4/4/11 10:06 a.m.

Miata

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
4/4/11 10:19 a.m.

MG 1300

Plymouth Cricket

AMC Gremlin

BigD
BigD New Reader
4/4/11 10:30 a.m.

Always liked how these look:

I still think I will own one some day (specifically GMC, in black), I find them utterly badass. I even testdrove one when they were new, and I know they have interiors that look like dollar store kids toys, aren't especially comfortable and drive like a bus, I still want one. I only wish the 1500 came with the 454.

No comment on this one...

And finally, the Unicorn. I know I will never find one without rust and rice, so it will stay a dream:

failboat
failboat Reader
4/4/11 11:41 a.m.

I should hate this for how big the rims are. But damn it just looks right.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
4/4/11 12:56 p.m.

My wife and I sold a '95 Oldsmobile Achieva this week - it had 203,000 miles, an automatic transmission, very few options, and a fairly underpowered Quad Four. But it was a very loyal car and held together quite well except for having had to put in a used transmission a couple years ago. I miss that little Olds even if it often gets held up as an example of everything wrong with GM products of that era.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
4/4/11 1:22 p.m.

the new regal...To me, Buick = retiree holding up traffic and yelling at the durn kids...But I REAAAALLLLY like the new GS they are about to unleash. Also, my favorite of the cars Ive owned was my 95 corolla...all 1.4 liters of fury. It was a 5 speed, and just fun to drive. Plus, it was really cheap to own and maintain. It was just fun and carefree.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
4/4/11 1:26 p.m.

Fox body Mustangs. The EPITOME of the mullet crowd, but a really well done one can look super sweet. And 3rd gen camaros, preferrably with t-tops.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
4/4/11 1:47 p.m.

vega, pinto, maverick, colt, TVR, 77 T/A...

Klayfish
Klayfish Reader
4/4/11 2:02 p.m.

At the top of my list....not sure why. Even when I was a valet at a fancy restaurant in the mid-late 90's, these were some of my favorites (did nice burn outs too)

And it's cousins....

Klayfish
Klayfish Reader
4/4/11 2:09 p.m.

Also, I'd add....my grandfather had a '79 version and I loved them ever since...

And my favorite version of it....

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
4/4/11 3:22 p.m.

Honda CR-Z. It is just about pointless as a hybrid, as an economy car, as a hatchback hauler, and as a sporty car. I hope it fails terribly so that I can purchase one as a reasonable price a few years from now.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
4/4/11 3:35 p.m.

This above all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_K_platform

artyboy619
artyboy619 New Reader
4/4/11 4:02 p.m.

dodge "K" cars even the caravans and wagons

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
4/4/11 5:05 p.m.

Crosstour... I know it's everything evil about the current generation of cars and it could've been a proper Accord wagon, but goddamnit, it just looks cool to me. (Would I buy one, hell no).

Mazdaspeed3. It's FWD and it has more than 3 doors, that should be end of story. But, I LOVE the way the Mazda3 hatch looks and just sitting it it made me want to do very illegal things.

3000GT. Pig heavy, transverse motor. But one of the best looking cars made in the past 30 years.

Lancer Wagon - Why oh why did they not put the Evo drivetrain in this body?!?

Full-size Bronco. It's an SUV, it's an automatic. But it's just fun to cruise around in.

Late '80s Cavalier Z24. Seriously. I want one of these. They just have that '80s look.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/4/11 5:18 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Lancer Wagon - Why oh why did they not put the Evo drivetrain in this body?!?

Mitsubishi did built a wagon version of the Evo IX (my favorite-looking Evo, BTW). They were only sold in Japan, though,

Oooh, DO WANT.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
4/4/11 5:21 p.m.

I just wish they had a turbo diesel.

And I would do different graphix......although those aren't bad.

"Reinforcing the sporty credentials is an advanced 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi engine that produces 140 PS and 350 Nm of torque. All this power is easily controlled via a six-speed transmission and to ensure you are in total control, ABS and ESP are fitted as standard. " Why can't we have what the UK has?

Will
Will HalfDork
4/4/11 6:42 p.m.

I'm seeing a few cars here that I don't understand why anyone shouldn't like. Marauder? It's great at being what it is, a huge freeway cruiser with decent power. 3000GT? Sure, it's a pig, but the twin turbos should solve a lot of problems.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1SL7J5EQFgZRTLrmC0qondmwSryXwt4RH3pWCQDNHDRA5nn14ndv52qgaCiArfjT