1 ... 5 6 7 8
FlightService
FlightService HalfDork
4/5/11 7:32 p.m.
ZOO wrote: There, I admitted it. Of course, I've been watching "Breaking Bad", so that's probably the source of my newfound interest.

Your a brave man Zoo. I admire you for that.

LOL

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 HalfDork
4/5/11 7:38 p.m.
ZOO wrote: Of course, I've been watching "Breaking Bad", so that's probably the source of my newfound interest.

YES!

To Breaking Bad. Not so much, the Aztec.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
4/5/11 7:46 p.m.

I won't bother putting up a pic, but I just inherited my wife's PT Cruiser. Leather/suede seats, comfy, holds lots of stuff, cheap to fix, never breaks anyway. The best appliance I've ever owned, and I've owned a Civic. A good one.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/5/11 7:48 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote:
RexSeven wrote:
fast_eddie_72 wrote: One of these came up on craigslist a year or two ago. Still wish I could have gotten it.
What is it? PROPOSED THREAD RULE: Please post the year/make/model if it is not in the image name and the car is obscure/old. This is the second time I've had to ask "what kind of car is it?" I'm a whippersnapper so I have 0 familiarity with some of these cars. /Stepping off lawn, you may put away the shotguns now, Gramps.
Shame on you for naming yourself RexSeven and not knowing what an RX-5 / Cosmo is! Know your history!

Ah. Thanks for learnin' me. I'm familiar with the way the other Mazda Rotaries look (and even the NSUs!). I hang my head in shame for not recognizing this one.

Speaking of NSU, I want one of these, an NSU Ro80, despite the atrocious reliability of the NSU rotaries. I would swap an N/A 13B in place:

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
4/5/11 8:20 p.m.

What can I say?

we had one, it handled like a pig on stilts, blew a head gasket and just didnt think it was worth fixing. I have ended up missing it.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
4/5/11 10:07 p.m.
2WDs were FWD, and I'm pretty sure you couldn't get a turbos without AWD (unlike the Eclipse/Talon/Laser). Destroys any and all possible want of the lesser models.

I dont want it because of AWD or factory turbos. Which is sort of why it qualifies for "shouldnt like, but do".

mtn
mtn SuperDork
4/6/11 1:48 a.m.
Claff wrote: Some years ago I was between 'real' jobs and hooked up with a limo company. I only took short routes so I got stuck with the older Cadillacs but always wanted to get my mits on the Corvette-engined '96 Fleetwood Brougham they recently added to their fleet.

There is nothing wrong with liking this... All of the good things of the Caprice/Roadmonster (minus the wagon) on a longer wheelbase with a Cadillac interior and a 7000lb towing capacity... What's not to like?

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
4/6/11 10:41 a.m.

I'll add my 740 Turbo wagon to the list. I'm used to driving tiny manual transmission Hondas, I've never been into big cars. The Volvo is an absolute tank and an automatic to boot but it's still one of the favorite cars I've owned. Could still be improved with a manual transmission though.

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
4/6/11 11:51 a.m.

My Shelby Daks. I don't like driving trucks. The Shelby is not quick by today's standards, but I love it.

Same goes for by carb equipped Charger 2.2. Not especially fast, a decent handler,but has a twist-beam rear axle, but I love it. I can say that about my Neon as well. Reasonably quick and a good handler in Street-prepared form, but I should not love it like I do. I have owned it new since 1999 and can't bear to part with it. At least it has an independent reat suspension.

Add to my list:

Gen I Chrysler Minivans. Love turbos, like the rest.

VW Super Beetles. A Bug with McPherson struts turns me on.

VW Type III (either fast back or square back).

Mid 60s to mid 70s American Station Wagons. I would love to own a Malibu, Coronet or Satellite wagon. Who can for get the Olds wagons with the raise skylight glass?

I am hopeless.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
4/6/11 12:13 p.m.

After watching my friend run a 14.7 in his V6/5spd Contour SE with no bottle & a badly slipping clutch I have yearned for one even if it is not an SVT. He would never disclose what was done but it did have an exhaust that sounded amazing & maybe a Diablo chip/tuner?

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
4/6/11 12:17 p.m.

In reply to MA$$hole:

Add the Conour to my list. Also add Opel Manta, Audi Fox and late 70s Corolla liftback. Seeking help now.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
4/6/11 5:57 p.m.

Oh thought of another one. Jaguars. They aren't as good as BMWs but I would take a Jag over a BMW or Mercedes any day.

JtspellS
JtspellS Reader
4/6/11 6:55 p.m.

I know it is basically a late model Malibu underneath but i still like the looks as well as how they drive.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
4/6/11 7:55 p.m.

Put some Impala SS wheels on it. Tasty.

mmosbey
mmosbey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/26/11 8:44 p.m.

Aston Martin Cygnet.

I know - I'm sorry. I can see what they're going for though. It makes sense. Now, will the car-buying elite? Who knows. Would I spend the twice the price of a Scion for a wheel and trim package? Nah. Would I try to score one for a grand or so over an IQ ten years down the road, if I need a city car? Prolly. City cars have a strength, and that is their size. It gives them the parking ease and maneuverability to work well in an urban environment.

Small cars are typically crappy. Cheap materials, cheeky, colorful fabrics that look like a tracksuit from 1990, and hubcaps that self-remove in the first ten thousand miles. If a small car is the very best tool for the job, then someone out there should recognize that, and capitalism should step in and create a premium small car. Honestly, I'm surprised it was Aston doing it under their usual brand. I'm further surprised that Aston isn't doing anything to the Toyota drivetrain - anything other than the standard drivetrain would have been good. Hybrid? Sure. Diesel? If only. Turbo? Supercharger? Ram air even? (In the city?) Shoot, a chip, premium gas requirements, and ten horses would have been something. Aston did need to give us something mechanical that mattered.

If it takes off, I predict a Maybach smart, a Polo Bugatti or Lambo, and perhaps a Fiat 500 Ferrari. If everyone maintains the recognition that these cars are accessories - that they express the stylistic and lifestyle values of embodied by the marque without being participants in that standard, I think everyone will be fine.

The Jeep Compass still sucks though.

asterisk
asterisk New Reader
9/26/11 9:52 p.m.
mmosbey wrote: and perhaps a Fiat 500 Ferrari.

That is already sort of a thing :

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/11 10:46 p.m.

Lada Niva... would have to get a high revving Fiat 132 engine

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Reader
9/26/11 11:24 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote:
wlkelley3 wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: M35A2
Obviously never driven one of these for any length of time. Spent some time driving these. The manual transmission one had a weird shift pattern (3rd & 4th were reversed), huge steering wheel with lots of play and more than completely around to make a turn. Power steering? In your dreams. Accelerate like a turtle, doesn't stop much better. Ride like a log truck. Top speed is less than the speed limit. But about unstoppable. Wait........ I get it now.
We've got a cabin in the middle of the Ocala National Forest. How would this not be awesome on the thousands of miles of trails?

Bobbed Deuce?

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Reader
9/26/11 11:50 p.m.

Does it have to be a car? 250cc bobber?

plance1
plance1 Dork
9/26/11 11:52 p.m.

stop talking about M35A's, it just raises the prices for the rest of us lol!

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/27/11 8:09 a.m.

I was prepared to be underwhelmed when we bought my wife's Kia Soul but I've come to really like it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/27/11 8:14 a.m.

More cars I want that I shouldn't. '70-'71 Ranchero, Dodge Colt Turbo, Dodge Rampage, Citation X11.

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs New Reader
9/27/11 8:25 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: I want an X-11 like crazy!

Had an '81 X11. One of my favorite cars. It was crap but so much fun!!

Tooocool49723
Tooocool49723
9/27/11 9:13 a.m.

I want a supercharged, Mid-engine, RWD, Toaster Van!

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
9/27/11 9:42 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote: What can I say? we had one, it handled like a pig on stilts, blew a head gasket and just didnt think it was worth fixing. I have ended up missing it.

I miss mine terribly. This is how it ended up after a Chevy Avalance discovered lifted trucks don't handle in wet weather.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DTfwx25Lyw6MWSefWOnTtZTQM2q5rzSqcgDU4JrZCsIrtt2Z9dxwqGagVe7qfn8z