1 2 3
WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane SuperDork
3/4/20 11:27 a.m.

+3 points awarded for being technically correct.

-10 points awarded for being a jerk on delivery.

Seriously, throw in a smiley or something...

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/4/20 11:31 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane :

+1. Lighten up Francis. This magazine is run by Humans, and believe me humans are not infallible. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/4/20 11:32 a.m.

Or just send in an email with your thoughts.

What is it? Praise in public, punish in private?

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
3/4/20 11:50 a.m.

Couldn't throw in a couple of lols or smiley faces?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/4/20 11:52 a.m.

With a title like, "Names Matter" and then comments about the latest issue; Fiesta/Festiva was not what I expected this would be about. devil

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/4/20 11:58 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Came in expecting "put the word 'anal' in front of Ford car names!"

Leaving disappointed.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/4/20 12:04 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

I disagree!  Public humiliation has a long and illustrious history of efficacy.

That said, I didn't think the OP was all that harsh, but hey, I grew up in Jersey.  Maybe you snowflakes should just harden the Berkeley up? laugh

(Please note smiley above.)

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
3/4/20 12:08 p.m.

Still figuring out what magazine General Motors puts out that would cover a Ford product?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/4/20 12:14 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:
Mr_Asa said:

I disagree!  Public humiliation has a long and illustrious history of efficacy.

That said, I didn't think the OP was all that harsh, but hey, I grew up in Jersey.  Maybe you snowflakes should just harden the Berkeley up? laugh

(Please note smiley above.)

you Jersey folks are just rude in general. I can say that, I married one. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
3/4/20 12:14 p.m.

I assume he meant Grassroots Motorsports.

In a classified ad, that mistake is understandable.

In a car magazine, inexcusable.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/4/20 12:35 p.m.

I thought this magazine and website used the initialism GRM. General Motors uses GM.

And you made another questionable move:

"I a familiar"

Get it right.wink

You could've written: "I believe the name and the actual car are mixed up in X issue of the print magazine. Just thought you should know."

I'm confident that the reply would be something like "Hey, good catch! Thanks for letting us know!"

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/4/20 12:42 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

I assume he meant Grassroots Motorsports.

In a classified ad, that mistake is understandable.

Yes, completely inexcusable that people make mistakes. Completely. I am sure you are perfect and have never EVER made a mistake? 

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
3/4/20 12:49 p.m.

I'm genuinely curious about what a person's life would have to be like to get so worked up about something so trivial.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/4/20 12:53 p.m.
STM317 said:

I'm genuinely curious about what a person's life would have to be like to get so worked up about something so trivial.

If I answered that question today Im certain I'd end up in a certain patio. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/4/20 12:57 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

Sorry.... I have to revisit this or I'll explode. When did we as a society become so intolerant? When did anyone become infallible? When did it become ok to lambast someone for a simple mistake? Are we all not human? OK, Tom O'Gorman's not. We know he's alien for sure. But everyone else, do we not make mistakes? 

So why, then, is it so common for people to just harp on this constant negativity? Why can't we acknowledge that someone else is human and susceptible to mistakes like the rest of us? Why rake them over the coals? Is it for your amusement? If it is, do you like when someone does it to you?

Seriously people. Grow the berkeley up already and show some god damn humanity and humility to one another and not be a constant shiny happy person.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
3/4/20 1:05 p.m.

I just know this thread's going to deliver, and deliver large

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/4/20 1:13 p.m.

Tagged ford, I figured this was a Mustang Mach e rant. Which would be reasonable. This one was a piss poor substitute. It barely belongs in the minor rant thread. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/4/20 1:18 p.m.

I didn't know GM made magazines.......

in other news, can we talk about that battery powered Porsche 'turbo'?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/4/20 1:25 p.m.
bobzilla said:
Mr. Peabody said:

Sorry.... I have to revisit this or I'll explode. When did we as a society become so intolerant? When did anyone become infallible? When did it become ok to lambast someone for a simple mistake? Are we all not human? OK, Tom O'Gorman's not. We know he's alien for sure. But everyone else, do we not make mistakes?

As long as we're having a mature discussion here, I think the larger problem is that the OP pointed out an actual mistake and was promptly set upon by an angry mob.  I'm just as big a fan of GRM as the next guy, but giving them "sacred cow" status is not doing a service to anyone, least of all GRM.

When did we become "so intolerant" that when someone cares enough to bring to light an error, that someone is promptly treated as the wrongdoer?  Hmmm.  Sounds dangerous to me.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/4/20 1:26 p.m.

Next thing you know, there will be a feature on Alpha Romero..... devil

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/4/20 1:39 p.m.

Please let's not turn this place into social media. This is about the last bastion of sanity on the interwebz.

_
_ Dork
3/4/20 1:56 p.m.
jimbbski said:

I have a complaint with GM and their editors.

I received my copy of the latest GM and while I haven't read it yet I did page through it and what did I find on the last page but a list of future stories coming in next months issue.  One of the stories appears to feature a Ford "FESTIVA" but the story title says it's a "FIESTA". The car pictures is not a Fiesta! It is a car built in Korea and sold here by Ford and called a Festiva! 

I a familiar with both models having owned 4 of the Mk I Fiesta's, having a friend  who owned 2 of the Fiesta ST's ('15 & '17), and helped build a Festiva for Lemons racing.   

While the names are similar they are not the same.  I don't know how many times I went into an auto parts store back in the 70's looking for a part for my Mercury Capri and having the counter person ask me what kind of car I had. When told a Capri he would then go  into the  back and bring out the part I'm looking for but for a Chevy Caprice!

Get it right!

Dude, this ain't car and driver. Perhaps you'd like to read something that is more... shall we say "jiffy lube lobby" worthy?

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
3/4/20 2:05 p.m.

Names mean nothing nowadays.

We can have 4-door coupes and phaetons with roll up windows.

The world has gone mad.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
3/4/20 2:28 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Nobody would have taken issue had the OP merely 'pointed out a mistake' or 'brought to light an error'. I have not seen anybody arguing that a mistake was made, nor that it shouldn't have been noted. However, such statements also imply conveying ones point with at least some nominal degree of respect, tact, and maybe even a little humor...None of which the OP demonstrated, and which ultimately came across as hypocritical in light of their own typographical errors.

It's not just what you have to say, but also how you choose to say it. Words matter.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/4/20 2:35 p.m.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
xvFxLJYwtrcHQi65Y3XvXcfNyuesxyITGNtqSpEO8iySHXsgpY7p1XPKtHjtW4xb