thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/26/20 6:54 p.m.

Hey all. I installed a set of V-Maxx coilovers on my NB and just now adjusted the ride height, after driving a little over 100mi. I had my fiancee measure the pre-adjusted height with my 210 lb self in the driver's seat. The left rear needed pretty much all the upwards adjustment to make my 12.5" goal. Does that seem right to everyone? Photo included for reference. The tape measure is roughly centered on the lower shock bolt. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 7:18 p.m.

What's the opposite corner look like? Same thing?

Those looked used, so you could check the free length of that main spring and see if it's short. That's a sign of fatigue. 

thatsnowinnebago
3/26/20 7:33 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

They are used. Something like 7k on on them. The right rear is close. I replaced the main springs when I got the coilovers. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 7:51 p.m.

If it's fairly symmetrical, then you should be okay. As long as there's no coil bind. So you have the longer rear springs? 145s, if memory serves.  It's always been a balance between Maximum Slam and Streetable, and 12.5" is at the upper limit for the Sport spring set. 

thatsnowinnebago
3/26/20 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

The passenger side is adjusted something like 1/4" lower at the collar.

The springs are whatever y'all sell for replacement sport springs right now laugh

Thanks for following up. I figured my fat ass was causing the issue but I wanted to make sure. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v1rZbJdOG7tE171t12RSLoggrBfRsWWUHX28QV9vahdiNK7Tzmot7IZfjViAYbpR