noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/6/13 5:59 p.m.

Best plug wires for the money for a stock 1995 Miata.

Sis in Law bought Bosch. Fit is not good. Two wires are a wee bit short...

Car was misfiring. Valve cover was leaking oil into one of the plug tubes and the wires that were on the car self destructed upon removal anyway. I need to take the wires back off when I replace the valve cover gasket and I will have her return the Bosch junk. And yes, it is fun using a little hook to fish the lower half of the plug boot from around the spark plug before you can remove the plug... Good thing I only had to do that on 3 cylinders.

While I am here, any hints on valve cover gasket replacement?

Thanks.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
10/6/13 7:00 p.m.

I always had good luck with NGKs, for both plug and wires, and they are very reasonably priced.

Valve cover gasket doesn't really need any hints, though I like to put some gasket sealer (Hondabond is my favorite) at the corners

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
10/6/13 7:11 p.m.

Mazda. Seriously. Pretty sure the stock "blue" wires are NGK and last as long as anything else. I had some fancy red RSpeed wires on one of my cars and they fit fine but didn't last any longer than the stockers. I'm sure Keith will have some better answers in a few minutes.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/13 7:53 p.m.

NGK blues work fine for most applications. We use Magnecor wires for performance applications, and the lifetime warranty is a bonus.

As for the valve cover, I refer you to Mazda Miata Performance Projects :D

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
290ESrwzAonnFSV0hMSgjTu3crrAQqF8kzEpHGJxWARFkv1VqCu3X0QM7rAaOyv6