1 2
Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/16/11 12:56 p.m.

So, EA has been touting that they are the only ones that have the rights to Porsches in video games. Anybody play it yet?

I rented it last night and played a few hours. My goal is to beat it by Sunday when I have to return it. Should be doable. In the LA to NY battle, I am already halfway to Chicago.

It feels like NFS has gotten back to their roots with a game that feels like a game. This is a very arcadey type game, but their work on the SHIFT series has certainly taught them a thing or two about vehicle dynamics because they feel MUCH improved over earlier games.

I probably won't buy it, but it is pretty fun, and it is worth playing.

one minor complaint...HOW THE H do you regenerate Nitrous Oxide? Is the driver farting it out? (I know I just said that I like the arcade type feel of the game, but that's just too much!)

imirk
imirk Reader
11/16/11 12:59 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: One minor complaint...HOW THE H do you regenerate Nitrous Oxide? Is the driver farting it out? (I know I just said that I like the arcade type feel of the game, but that's just too much!)

Special reactor that converts it from tire smoke?

It is nice to hear that they didn't completely bollocks up this one.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
11/16/11 1:48 p.m.

I refuse to buy most EA products for a plethora of reasons. The only one I do purchase is NCAA football and that's just because I love me some college foozball.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/11 3:01 p.m.

EA can bite my shiny metal ass for pulling their deal on Porsche from Forza. Forza didn't even retaliate and pull Ferrari from them, but they damn well should. NFS is dead to me.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/16/11 3:35 p.m.
Javelin wrote: EA can bite my shiny metal ass for pulling their deal on Porsche from Forza. Forza didn't even retaliate and pull Ferrari from them, but they damn well should. NFS is dead to me.

Do you want to get a cup of chai tea and talk about it?

unevolved
unevolved Dork
11/16/11 3:46 p.m.
Javelin wrote: EA can bite my shiny metal ass for pulling their deal on Porsche from Forza. Forza didn't even retaliate and pull Ferrari from them, but they damn well should. NFS is dead to me.

I'm with you. berkeley EA.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/16/11 3:49 p.m.

EA unfortunately, makes too much stuff I want. I was hoping to see that The Run was good, because the NFS games (SHIFT notwithstanding, frickin HAAAATE that game) are an annual occurance for me. Burnout games as well.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
11/16/11 3:50 p.m.

BURNOUT FTMFW!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/16/11 7:22 p.m.

EA has a tendency to screw up games. I used to love NFS games, especially Hot Pursuit. When the new one came out I played the demo and they had incorporated the Burnout driving dynamics and it plain sucked. I couldnt keep a car on the road.

I am willing to try The Run, but if it was as bad as HP, I'm over the NFS series.

It's sad considering NFS got EA started 20 years ago.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/16/11 7:29 p.m.

Best of the series will always be Most Wanted. I can't think of an NFS game i've played more.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/11 7:33 p.m.

I will never forgive EA for shutting down "earth and beyond" so they could shove the drivel that was the original Star Wars MMORPG on us

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/16/11 7:38 p.m.

My favorite NFS game was High Stakes. My friends and I beat the piss out of the game.

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 New Reader
11/16/11 7:40 p.m.

I've been playing NFS World lately, seems pretty good. A lot of the other drivers tend to act like complete tools though sometimes. I drive a '69 Charger R/T, yeah, it's boat compaired to other cars, but most of those other cars tend to bounce off when they try to ram me.

I'm "oldvaliant" if anybody's interested

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/16/11 7:40 p.m.

I really liked NFS:Underground. I wasn't ever into the tuner scene, but it was pretty fun.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/16/11 8:29 p.m.

That game annoyed me. The big problem was you HAD to slap some stupid crap on the car to progress. With the later serieses, you didn't need to do anything to the car visually.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
11/16/11 11:52 p.m.
64chrysler300 wrote: I've been playing NFS World lately, seems pretty good.

Damn you. I didn't know NFSW existed, and now I'm going to get even less done around the house. I'm SkinnyG42. sigh

mainlandboy
mainlandboy New Reader
11/17/11 12:15 a.m.

I'm still getting my racing fix from Gran Turismo 5. The way they get around not having "Porsches" is by having a selection of RUFs.

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 New Reader
11/17/11 1:52 a.m.
SkinnyG wrote:
64chrysler300 wrote: I've been playing NFS World lately, seems pretty good.
Damn you. I didn't know NFSW existed, and now I'm going to get even less done around the house. I'm SkinnyG42. *sigh*

I'm usually careening about in a copper colored '69 Dodge Charger. I'll keep an eye out for ya LOL!

Javelin
11/17/11 9:13 a.m.
mainlandboy wrote: I'm still getting my racing fix from Gran Turismo 5. The way they get around not having "Porsches" is by having a selection of RUFs.

So does Forza 4, but RUF never made a 944, SWB 911, or 914.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/17/11 9:16 a.m.

And nothing of value was lost.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/11 9:33 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
mainlandboy wrote: I'm still getting my racing fix from Gran Turismo 5. The way they get around not having "Porsches" is by having a selection of RUFs.
So does Forza 4, but RUF never made a 944, SWB 911, or 914.

My biggest complaint is the loss of the P racing cars, though the addition of the RSR Jag helped a bit with that.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/17/11 9:43 a.m.

I've had it with EA. I wasted my money on the last NFS unfortunately. Never again, I tell you! I used to enjoy the NFS games, but the arcade style died to me. Burnout was so much better. I won't waste my money or time on this one. It is to Forza what Saints Row is to GTA.

Javelin
11/17/11 11:19 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: And nothing of value was lost.

917 has no value??!?!? 962??!?

Pfft, FWD fanboi. No respect.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/17/11 11:19 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: And nothing of value was lost.
917 has no value??!?!? 962??!? Pfft, FWD fanboi. No respect.

Well, you didn't mention either of those. And clearly, it was merely a joke.

Javelin
11/17/11 11:39 a.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cpqE9cXEWrb0XokXHeORbVLW5QRiG3ABHm0slJdJ6CHxt4nyatm1Fs2a8eEz0hiS