Blacksole
Blacksole None
10/27/10 6:36 p.m.

Hello, does anyone know the correct methode to check ride height on a 97 Del Sol? Also what is the point that you check it??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Black Sol

Sonic
Sonic Dork
10/27/10 7:20 p.m.

First, the usual measurement is from the center of the wheel hub to the fender lip.

Secondly: Why? What are you trying to accomplish here? I've done nearly everything to a Honda, and I've never had to measure ride height.

BlackSol
BlackSol New Reader
10/29/10 1:00 p.m.

Hello: I am lowering My Del Sol with coil overs. I's a salvage car and has never set even. I'd like to start from original ride height. Do you know the stock spec? I've tried many forums and get all kinds of guesses but nothing actual from anyone.

Thanks, Black Sol

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/29/10 1:43 p.m.

According to the 1997 press kit, "minimum ground clearance" is 140mm. I'm not sure where they actually measured from, though.

If I were in your shoes, I'd start at "looks about right" and start the corner balancing. That's the real reason threaded body coilovers exist.

Check out this sweet article by Per Schroeder for the hows and whys of corner weighting.

BlackSol
BlackSol New Reader
11/2/10 2:05 p.m.

Thanks Tom, I think I now have the point to start from. Del Sol service manual says normal car ride is 49.5 from roof to the ground. I know other factos will come into play. And thanks for the article.

Bill

iceracer
iceracer Dork
11/2/10 5:03 p.m.

Most ride heights are usually measured from the suspension mounting points or like. A service manual would give that. Or maybe a friendly alignement shop.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f49QkB7OEwKidzWnVBRCVsc30a2lAFj7IjbZI0BELyrtS5oyE8LIxh1uIRP9GqSX