PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/18/16 5:55 p.m.

A friend's father passed away and the family wants to sell his car ASAP. I will post an ad later, but need help getting a value. 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette Coupe with 3500 miles. Yes, 3500. Never seen rain, always under cover, etc.

Any suggestions? Know anyone who would be interested? I'll get more details soon.

Thanks!

Phil

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/16 6:36 p.m.

I would call Hagerty or at least look on there web page and see if they have a value for it.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/18/16 8:07 p.m.

Dispassionate view - it's a low but not zero mile version of a collector edition, where there are plenty of low mile and zero mile cars available. There's also ad asking prices and cash changing hands selling prices. I think a real price of $23k-25k is probably in the right range.

peteyjoe
peteyjoe New Reader
8/18/16 8:56 p.m.

Is it an actual 50th Anniversary edition, or just a 2003 that has the same "50th Anniversary" hood badge that they all do?
90% of ads for 2003 vettes state that they are "Anniversary editions".

Does it look the ones below? The burgundy paint and grey(ish?) interior were only available on the AEs.

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
8/18/16 10:12 p.m.

If it's a real anniversary edition - yeah $25-$28k seems typical from what I see in auction results.

If it's just a 2003 Coupe then maybe $19k-$22k.

Their best chance for the family to get anywhere close to FMV for it relatively quickly is to sell it no reserve at a major collector car auction this fall. Of course you pay the auction house for that privilege (and may have to transport the car as well), but they'll still do better there than taking it to Carmax or putting it on craigslist at a deep discount and giving it to the first guy to show up with cash.

PMRacing
8/19/16 6:07 a.m.

It is a real one. I will be aparking it somewhere ar the Woodward Dream Cruise tomorrow a.m. with a sign on it. We'll see what happens. If not there I may just list it on B.A.T. with no reserve. The family has no interest and I'm not getting anything out of it. Someone will get a more than fair price I think.

Thanks for the advice!

PMRacing
9/30/16 6:59 p.m.

The Corvette is now on B.A.T. Please pass along to whoever you think might be interested. Thank you!!!

50th Anniversary Corvette on BAT

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g9oT5JI2wOcvirZJg45pVBd3fJ0AG0yD9Sr9yHVCis0Ko810baHIrJjaR14VYg22