DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
4/22/14 9:58 a.m.

I've got a 1991 VW GTI 16V that might need new lines from the fuel distributor to the injectors.Anyone know of a source for these? The "usual" online sites I use don't have them listed, Rockauto,ECSTuning,RockyMountain.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/22/14 10:33 a.m.

SpecialTAuto or there was a Delorean parts vendor that had replacement CIS fuel lines.

Many simply use braided hose in the proper size with either crimp fittings or EFI-rated clamps (smooth internals).

Another thought would be to find a local hydraulic hose shop in your area to rebuild the lines for you.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/22/14 10:39 a.m.

i used to recommend impex, but they're now under new ownership.

I'd hit up potterman at parts4vw.com

chrispy
chrispy Reader
4/22/14 11:11 a.m.

I looked at the sources I used to frequent and didn't see them listed and a quick google search didn't turn anything up. I hope they aren't NLA . Parts4VWs is a good source as is germanautoparts.com. Also, most CIS lines are the same and I have used VW lines on a BMW and vice versa. I did see some listed on eBay but not sure if they'll work.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/22/14 11:34 a.m.

AutohausAZ is normally pretty good too.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
4/22/14 1:38 p.m.

They all seem to have the same list of parts, but none carries the injector lines.I may have to make up a diagram of each line and then hit the local junkyards to see what other makes and models might have lines I can use, or bend to fit.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/22/14 2:24 p.m.

may be a bit of a long shot, but hit up Scott at USRT http://www.usrallyteam.com/

he may have a source since it's fuel related. Tell him that crazy Dave sent you.

jimbbski
jimbbski HalfDork
4/22/14 2:29 p.m.

Most CIS lines use banjo ends at one end and what I assume is a metric flare fitting at the other. Worst case I don't see why one can't "create" a new CIS fuel line from SS hose and the correct fittings? It might be possible to reuse part of the flare fitting from a bad hose on a new length of hose and have them crimped on by a "hose shop". The banjo fittings are easy.

BTW I do own and race a 1988 VW W/CIS.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/22/14 2:36 p.m.

Most are dual banjo fittings with plastic fuel lines wrapped in a fabric "braid" that are crimped onto the barbed banjo fittings.

Like I said, cut the banjo fittings loose, by carefully cutting the crimped ring on the hose ends. Get some proper braided line in the correct size (maybe -3?), cut it to length, insert the banjo ends and clamp it together with good clamps, it ain't rocket science just requires paying attention and ensuring everything is clean and tight to prevent leaks.

Or you can track down the proper metric banjo fittings for use with AN hose ends, but that could get expensive quickly and you might find that eliminating the banjo fittings altogether might work as well and be slightly less expensive.

flogger
flogger New Reader
4/22/14 10:05 p.m.

I've bought from both of these places before with good luck.

http://stores.ebay.com/mk1autohaus/Fuel-Air-/_i.html?_fsub=3356759

https://www.busdepot.com/

HTH

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rxpOZeXgUBMlbOfbJUhVQzmD38tM9tsasmEXUwbtqzaq88rBSsS57sdtEodLnk4R