Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
7/13/08 3:16 p.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/04/officially-official-2009-ford-focus-rs/

Europe gets all the cool cars. I'm not afraid to say that's a Focus I'd love to have. Especially in white, with those black accents.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
7/13/08 4:58 p.m.

Sick!

HoonerZX3
HoonerZX3 New Reader
7/13/08 5:14 p.m.

People wouldn't pay the price one of these would cost in the USA b/c it's "only" a hatchback. I imagine this car would cost at least 30K and only a few die-hard car lovers would buy them.

I also LOVE this car btw.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
7/13/08 5:35 p.m.
HoonerZX3 wrote: People wouldn't pay the price one of these would cost in the USA b/c it's "only" a hatchback. I imagine this car would cost at least 30K and only a few die-hard car lovers would buy them. I also LOVE this car btw.

Sad but true.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy New Reader
7/13/08 5:40 p.m.

I've said it before and I will say it again; Ford is thier own worst enemy. How many forigen market ford models are there that people here would prefer to what is actuly offered here? Through out history I can think of at least 10, and at least 3 in current production.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/13/08 5:43 p.m.

It has the motor out of an S60R. Curious to see what the aftermarket will do with that motor. Right now, you can get it to 400 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque on a tune, full exhaust, intake, and injectors. Also the Volvo need a larger FMIC, not sure if the focus would or would not. Would have loved to see this thing come state side.

Edit: Actually, looking at that thing from the side, it looks a lot like a C30...

walterj
walterj HalfDork
7/13/08 7:17 p.m.

Make mine black please...

Nashco
Nashco Dork
7/13/08 7:56 p.m.

It seems like a fun car...when I saw it I immediately thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIF6JF1O5U

I'm not sure if it's the thing on the back, the antenna, the car color, or just a combination of elements. It seems awfully boy-racer to me, but that's still a huge improvement on the alloy casserole Ford sells here in the states. I can't believe they don't bring some of their European stuff here, at least they'd look better not selling good cars because of high prices instead of not selling cheap cars that totally suck.

Bryce

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
7/13/08 8:17 p.m.

like it or not it is coming (I think). saw it on fastlaindaily awhile ago. They said it would be here in 2010. I think.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan New Reader
7/13/08 8:29 p.m.

Fiesta is on the way, and I think the euro Focus makes it by '11 - probably be a new model by then. Above car looks likes a bullfrog taking a dump. That insult aside I'd take one, even in that color, and I normally didn't care for small british Fords - not terribly well built. Is build quality better nowadays? I'm sure the RS is well screwed together.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/13/08 8:29 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHQobVdk9U

old version... YES!

MitchellC
MitchellC New Reader
7/13/08 8:39 p.m.

I'm a bit biased, I know, but I think that the SVT Focus was one of the better looking hot hatches. One of the most sedate, at least.

And it looked good in orange.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GBxBLHWYQcwQTsNC8Wra5RpR7g0WCd121Z8IzsPuZcvn56H0Z2wzqm85kHEKAJYX