1 2
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/7/08 5:49 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: I would buy a hoodie, so long as it wasn't more than $40. But considering you guys charge $25 for a hat, I would expect a hoodie to be expensive...
I'll try to keep the price low--but our cost on this stuff is not cheap. We don't outsource to China, preferring to keep our local businesses IN business, but that stance comes at a price. Margie

and that's no BS neither. when I was at the GRMWHQ last year, Margie handed me a couple of sample hats to check out. one felt nicer than the other, and i gave her my opinion. she said "the nice one is a couple bucks more, but it really is nicer." that's the one that went into production.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/7/08 6:03 p.m.
fiat22turbo wrote: Is the store down? I just tried to order....

Where did it bomb? (And what browser?) Looks fine on my end, but Baxter has been in there tweaking stuff today...

And thanks for the testimonial, AP. I really, really don't want to ever buy crap, because Tim will still wear it every day (and to meet the mayor, out to dinner, etc.) anyway.

Margie

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/08 6:32 p.m.

When I went to check out and it tried to go to the offsite processor. I believe it is an issue with the processor as it did the same for both CMS and GRM.

I'm using Firefox 3 on XP SP3

https://secure.linkpt.net/lpcentral/servlet/lppay

Form Processing Error

The following errors occurred while processing your request: It is not possible to order from the store at this time. Contact the merchant for further information (error 1002).

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/7/08 8:39 p.m.

I think that was a temporary outage on the bank's end, but if anyone else sees it please let me know so I can ask nicely if they could pretty please get that fixed 'cause I sure would appreciate it.

Or something.

CivicSiRacer
CivicSiRacer New Reader
8/8/08 10:02 a.m.

This is not winter but, how about metal dash plaques? I know our region had them for a little then people started to put them on the fenders like the S2000 has. Or even the puffy decals that Koni hands out when you buy their shocks.

Nomad
Nomad New Reader
8/8/08 10:57 a.m.

Everything comes at a price and i applaud you for keeping the business local. I used to work in printing and people don't realize the margins are low and the product takes real people to make, who all have families to feed on their meager incomes.

Glad you got these nice products available. I'm saving up for mine.

For the beanies, no super puffy, knit, wool, antarctic type beanie that you have to fold up twice please. Just a nice thin material beanie would be awesome. We don't have winter here in Cali.

Diecut decals = YES

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
8/8/08 11:54 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: J.G. felt like a dork.

This shouldn't suprise anyone.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/08 4:58 p.m.

Sigh, just tried to make a purchase again. Same error.

Oh well, I'll try again on Monday as I'm off to go Autocrossing in Southern Oregon with EESCC and maybe check out Crater Lake while I'm there.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/8/08 5:32 p.m.

Stefan, I'll be looking into it. Not sure what's up or why it's affecting some folks some times, but I'll find out.

CivicSiRacer
CivicSiRacer New Reader
8/9/08 2:25 p.m.

Actually tried using the store to get 1 year subscription and it messed up my order too. I called and talked to a lady who fixed my order.

I had in my basket a year subscription and also a 2 year with t-shirt to see how much it would cost. I also went to see how much a back issue would be. So those 3 things were in my basket and I deleted the 2 year and back issue and my basket showed 1 thing. When I checked out and got my receipt it showed seventy something dollars, which wasn't right. Clicked on my confirmation receipt and showed the basket with 3 items.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CeS6djaQtMhLHa80emZjd7HptwibP0nA6YkVK2BFUslSzrNjNkdXVxPIJwDl2uql