probesport None
Sept. 14, 2009 9:26 a.m.

Long time subscriber, first time to the boards (I think, maybe I was on years ago). I just spent some time detailing my car and I figured I would toss up some pics. I just updated my profile with my other rides, but this is the most GRM friendly one.

cwh Dork
Sept. 14, 2009 10:05 a.m.

Yup, you'll fit in just fine. Welcome to our funny farm!

bequietanddrive New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 10:39 a.m.

I like Probes. Welcome

jstein77 HalfDork
Sept. 14, 2009 10:47 a.m.

Very nice! Do you have a limited slip diff?

Carrera4 Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 10:57 a.m.

I like them seats, what are they?

DrBoost HalfDork
Sept. 14, 2009 11:33 a.m.

Sweet dude! Me likes. Post some pics of the T.
Where in metro D are you?

Tim Baxter Online Editor
Sept. 14, 2009 11:35 a.m.

The T: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1949/

awebb New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 11:43 a.m.

Not usually a big fan of the MX-6/Probe but that's pretty nice...

Welcome

probesport New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 11:51 a.m.
jstein77 wrote: Very nice! Do you have a limited slip diff?

Nope, I haven't gotten to that just yet but it's on the list :)

DrBoost wrote: Sweet dude! Me likes. Post some pics of the T. Where in metro D are you?

Rochester area - I'll post some T pics too if you guys are interested.

Carrera4 wrote: I like them seats, what are they?

I honestly don't remember, I got them online awhile ago.

belteshazzar SuperDork
Sept. 14, 2009 12:35 p.m.

how much boost can that non-intercooled V6 take?

probesport New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 12:42 p.m.

It's intercooled, front mount Spearco. I run conservatively at 9-10psi have had it up to 14. I have a couple buddies that run 14-15 on stock motors.

The Probe motor is an all aluminum split block, forged crank 4 cammer from the factory. You can get close to 400whp on stock block (if your aggressive) and if you want to toss in some rods and pistons around 600.

belteshazzar SuperDork
Sept. 14, 2009 12:45 p.m.

that's funny, it looked like the charge pipe was just coming straight off the manifold in that picture.

probesport New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 12:49 p.m.

Oh I can see that now :)

The IC itself is blacked out so you really can't see it.

The turbo is off to the side, the pipe actually crosses over the top of it. The bottom right corner you can see the housings of the turbo. You can see the turbo a bit better in this older pic.

DrBoost HalfDork
Sept. 14, 2009 2:01 p.m.
probesport wrote: The IC itself is blacked out so you really can't see it.

More go than show? Now THAT is a refreshing thing to see.

probesport New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 2:16 p.m.

The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY!

12" front brakes, 11" rear, 13lb wheels, coilovers and adj struts, custom standalone (Megasquirt), coil pack, built the turbo setup, not a whole lot of bolt on and go here. An older mods list is at http://prdonline.com/probesport however there have been quite a few changes since.

I tried to keep it clean inside to with the gauges looking fairly stock, matching the seats to shift and ebrake boot as well.

It's one of those cars that the more you look, the more you see.

Sept. 14, 2009 2:26 p.m.
probesport wrote: The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY!

Not around here, it ain't.. Great car, man. I'll bet anyone who tangles with it gets surprised really quick!

Raze Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 2:30 p.m.
probesport wrote: custom standalone (Megasquirt), coil pack, built the turbo setup, not a whole lot of bolt on and go here.

If you're running MS + DIY boost = GRM all day long man

probesport New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 2:40 p.m.

Nice, it looks like I have a new haunt then.

Yep, very early MS. a buddy of mine had to make the coil driver circuit and all, running MSNS extra. Been on there over 5 years now, I haven't touched the squirt in 2 yrs.

GameboyRMH SuperDork
Sept. 14, 2009 2:42 p.m.

Whoa, I wasn't expecting that! Even with the body kit and rims it's a sleeper!

Is that a custom strut bar on the front?

I gotta update my car info now that you can add multiple pics...

probesport New Reader
Sept. 14, 2009 2:45 p.m.

Yeah front and rear bars are custom, the only really visible body stuff is the lower lip spoiler, CF hood and the tails.

Rims are 93 RX7 ones that I had powdercoated a metallic bronze. In this light they look really dark tho, in the sun they have a little metallic to them.

I had a bad powdercoating addiction for awhile, almost everything underhood is powdercoated

AngryCorvair SuperDork
Sept. 16, 2009 11:31 a.m.

Glad to see one of the brighter probetalk bulbs show up over here. Not many 2nd-gen PGTs here that I know of, so here's a gratuitous shot of mine:

welcome aboard, and please feel free to post as much tech info as you want regarding your experience with turbocharging the KL-series engine. My car's got 214k miles on it, and when it hits 250 I'm boosting it!

Jay Dork
Sept. 16, 2009 12:54 p.m.
probesport wrote:

Man, black, black, and more black. This is how the cockpit of a sports car is supposed to look. Nice job.

MitchellC HalfDork
Sept. 16, 2009 1:22 p.m.

That's the best looking Probe I have ever seen. You even make that green that Ford was obsessed with in the 90's look good!

knb13 New Reader
Sept. 16, 2009 6:18 p.m.

hey it's you again... ha ha

Another fellow Probetalker here as well

plance1 HalfDork
Sept. 16, 2009 8:03 p.m.
probesport wrote: The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY! 12" front brakes, 11" rear, 13lb wheels, coilovers and adj struts, custom standalone (Megasquirt), coil pack, built the turbo setup, not a whole lot of bolt on and go here. An older mods list is at http://prdonline.com/probesport however there have been quite a few changes since. I tried to keep it clean inside to with the gauges looking fairly stock, matching the seats to shift and ebrake boot as well. It's one of those cars that the more you look, the more you see.

good job, nice to see someone being subtle.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Join the Grassroots Motorsports Dyno Day

1 day ago in News

Join us for a dyno day in Sterling, Virginia.

From the GRM Vault: The Art of Understatement

2 days ago in Articles

The Harvey brothers dominated autocross in an obsolete Datsun a couple decades ago.

2017 Volkswagen Golf TSI SE

2 days ago in New Car Reviews

The quintessential European hatchback continues to pour out of Volkswagen's plants. Our test car featured four doors, a turbocharged 4-cylinder ...

We're Giving Away a $500 Race Ramps Certificate

3 days ago in News

Joining the drawing is totally free.

25 Project Path

4 days ago in Articles

A walk through 25 of our favorite project cars from the past.

Our Turbo Miata Goes Boom

4 days ago in Project Cars

Engine swap and suspension revamp before our race in two weeks? Challenge accepted.

The Ultimate Weekend Getaway for Your Car Club

5 days ago in News

Save a corral space just for your club at the Mitty.

Reader's Ride of the Week: V8 Jag

5 days ago in News

It’s a long-wheelbase 1974 Jaguar XJ6 fitted with a 350-cubic-inch Chevy V8.

Honing Cylinders

5 days ago in Project Cars

We hone our LS1's cylinders

Break Maiden

1 week ago in Articles

Creating a turbocharged road racing champion from a vintage Ford Mustang.

Meet Us at Sebring

1 week ago in News

We'll be at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Will you?

2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring

1 week ago in New Car Reviews

Honda has been pumping out Accords for over 40 years now. Obviously they have a recipe that just plain works. ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
qCwsDX5HejfbQ8RDZKau1smRNpLOi9cc