1 2 3 4
Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/3/12 12:08 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote:
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: I really like the original TSX, the new one not so much.
This.

agreed. I missed out on one for $5k that needed a manual trans by about 30 minutes. Stoopid techs always getting the good stuff.

BAMF
BAMF Reader
7/3/12 12:19 p.m.

Maybe if Honda had made this into the ILX, it would have some interest to me:

Presently, it looks like just a tarted up Civic. This is Honda's Cimarron.

yamaha
yamaha Reader
7/3/12 12:20 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I wish the price difference was closer. I really like like the idea of a nicely equipped, smaller sedan as our "family car."

Just do what everyone did that wanted an Integra but could only afford a Civic........

Steal the Acura

Edit: Also, I'm sure Acura's hand is kind of forced here, as was mentioned earlier, Acura seems to be competing with Buick only......and Buick just got the Cruze based car offered with turbo 4 and 6sp manual.......for a good value. I for one, doubt this was well thought out or executed on Honda's part, but at least it doesn't have the current TL's "MAH GRILLZ" look to it.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/3/12 1:11 p.m.

I haven't seen an ILX in person yet, but I love the idea. It seems pretty "right-sized" to me. It is pretty similar in interior size to the first generation TSX or to an E46 BMW (early 2000s). I just don't really need a car much bigger than that.

blueafro
blueafro New Reader
7/4/12 2:18 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I'm sorry, I can't justify $30k for a civic. When GM did this with the Cimarron, everyone was up in arms about it. When Honda does it everyone loves it. I just don't get it.

The Cavalier the Cimarron was based on was a horrible, wretched car that stood out as awful even in an era of miserable cars. I know this verily, for I owned an early Cavalier, a gift from family members who I can only assume wanted to teach me something about the hardships and heartaches of life.

The Civic is a decent machine, if a bit boring compared to its earlier generations.

I understand what you're saying; I wouldn't buy an ILX myself, and I do find it a bit overpriced for what I want out of a new car, but it's not anything like the scale of lipstick-on-a-pig ripoff that was the Cimarron.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1NHyHUPtevbtU06belFYBss31QtPrYMwGNV9v4yajSDkBnizjVtR9Lgi8ioAvs0E