WayMotorWorks
WayMotorWorks New Reader
7/25/12 8:49 p.m.

The new MINI Cooper S JCW GP is coming. This will be the fastest MINI ever made they said and already set records at the Ring. We saw one already and it will come factory with coilovers, and 6 piston front brakes.

Picture of New GP

Making Carbon Fiber rear wing

Wind tunnel Testing

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/25/12 9:11 p.m.

links to facebook?

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
7/25/12 9:24 p.m.

crappy translation for the win! I want a MINI, but just can't pull the trigger.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
7/25/12 9:32 p.m.

I'm getting ready to call canoe... if he doesn't reply by tomorrow I'm deleting this.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/25/12 10:10 p.m.

I was thinking canoe as well but didn't want to call him out if he is just a newbie :)

WayMotorWorks
WayMotorWorks New Reader
7/26/12 5:15 p.m.

So you don't think it's a cool car? I want one really bad, and most likely will get one.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/26/12 5:21 p.m.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/26/12 5:47 p.m.
WayMotorWorks wrote: So you don't think it's a cool car? I want one really bad, and most likely will get one.

that facebook page is annoying. So for the moment, it's an annoying car.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Reader
7/26/12 5:49 p.m.

^ Agreed. Also, I'd get a Prodrive WRC Mini if I was spending silly amounts of money on one of these.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/26/12 5:54 p.m.

The thing is, being from the MINI world, I know who Way Motor Works is... this thread confuses me...

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/26/12 5:58 p.m.

so who is Way Motor Works?

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/26/12 7:10 p.m.

http://waymotorworks.com/

New MINI aftermarket vendor. They've been around for awhile and have a decent reputation in the MINI world, which is why this post confuses me. It makes me wonder if someone is trying to drag their name through the mud for some reason.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/26/12 7:17 p.m.

IDK the same poster posted this in the event section, which sounds to me like its the actual vendor. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that a vendor would be promoting events that they attend or cars that they sell parts for. Happens all the time on car forums.

"Just wanted to see if anyone is going to the Fiat Freakout Event in VA next week? http://www.fiatclubamerica.com/fiat-freakout-2012 This is an all Fiat event with car show, drives, and many other fun activities.

WMW will be there as we had a blast last year"

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/26/12 8:07 p.m.

I guess... It just seems odd to come out of the blue like that. I'd assume that anyone here who cares about the new GP already knows about it. And given the general attitude towards MINI's here, I don't think that's many.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
7/26/12 8:40 p.m.

they are putting out a J C Whitney edition Mini?

that's what JCW stands for, right?

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/26/12 9:15 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: they are putting out a J C Whitney edition Mini? that's what JCW stands for, right?

Yup.

WayMotorWorks
WayMotorWorks New Reader
7/26/12 10:43 p.m.

We are a MINI company. But yes we are going to the Fiat even too. We have started doing Fiat performance mods as I like the Abarth too. I thought people would be interested in the GP as a track car. The features it has are pretty cool, and practicaly track ready

1966stang
1966stang Reader
7/29/12 8:16 a.m.

In reply to WayMotorWorks:

I like it, and I am a current MINI owner (Cooper S)

however, it's really pricey for what it is, and I kind of think MINI has lost direction as a company. So while I really love my current car, I'm not sure weather or not it will be followed by another MINI.

Besides, the MINI Cooper S I have now has a lot of life left in it.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
7/29/12 8:18 a.m.
WayMotorWorks wrote: We are a MINI company. But yes we are going to the Fiat even too. We have started doing Fiat performance mods as I like the Abarth too. I thought people would be interested in the GP as a track car. The features it has are pretty cool, and practicaly track ready

As a track car, I run my Miata. Cheaper body panels if a bend something, RWD, easier to mod, easier to repair, more fun to race.

Don't get me wrong, my MINI Cooper S is a blast, but I think other cars make better competition cars.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/29/12 8:53 a.m.

I really like the R53 GP. That is a cool car that was actually a good deal when you added up the same options ala cart. My biggest problem with one now is being autox focused, the GP gets dumped into an odd class vs. a normal Jcw.

I haven't paid much attention to the R56 cars in general, so I'm less enthusiastic about the GP version.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
7/29/12 9:02 a.m.

I like the R53 better, it's the car we have.

However it's also a DD, so I may some day end up owning an R56.

I tend to like creatively modded cars by individual owners more than factory specials, FWIW

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yifkt0w2FEOkOql2Xfi8l3SOfRDLZwqm6fdnlveYNaai1HsDk3kEQwo4PBV25X0r