1 2
Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/1/14 6:27 p.m.

My buddy BEANCO, here on the board, asked me if I would ride along with him today to go get a 1993 GEO Tracker parts rig he needed. I had nothing going, so I rode along, and ended up buying a 1968 Jeepster the lady that owned the Tracker had sitting in her yard as well. Missouri plate expired in 1997. Not sure what the plan is for it, but had to get it. photo IMG_0419_zpse200dadb.jpg photo IMG_0420_zpsf7aeaa4b.jpg photo IMG_0421_zps77cc95c3.jpg

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/1/14 6:31 p.m.

Cool

Congrats

Build thread!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/1/14 6:51 p.m.

In reply to fasted58:

I am not sure this one is worth building. Going to take a trailer to pick it up Saturday.Will take a closer look at it then.

BBC

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
1/1/14 6:55 p.m.

Very cool and a good find. Looks rough though, hope you got a good price on it.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/1/14 7:23 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: Very cool and a good find. Looks rough though, hope you got a good price on it.

I gave $350 for it, which is scrap price here for something of that size and weight. Don't think I will get hurt, but not going to make a killing on it either. Let BEANCO keep the hubcaps. Checked out some of the 4x4 sites, and sounds like it has about the worst driveline available, no valuable parts. Oh well get it home and go from there I guess. May put it on CL and try to trade it for something else may keep it. Not like I have a ton of money in it

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/14 7:43 p.m.

making that awesome is just a rolled CJ away

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/1/14 8:37 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: making that awesome is just a rolled CJ away

You have a point there good sir...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/1/14 8:38 p.m.

Slammed, tight and topless!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/1/14 8:47 p.m.

$2014

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/14 9:04 p.m.

Pressure Wash. New Tires. Get it running. Sell it.

Invest $800. Sell for $1500. Put $350 in your pocket.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
1/2/14 5:51 a.m.

With soooo many newer Wranglers (and a fair amount if CJ-7's) on the road, this will really confuse all the nuveau "Jeep Guys".

Yes kids, Kaiser and Jeep made cool stuff before your parents even met!

I'll take that and a Scout 800 please!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
1/2/14 2:49 p.m.

I drove one in high school.It was a good Jeep, I would get another one.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/2/14 7:12 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Slammed, tight and topless!

That sounded dirty the way you typed that....

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/2/14 7:14 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Pressure Wash. New Tires. Get it running. Sell it. Invest $800. Sell for $1500. Put $350 in your pocket.

I may just do that. I have some used tires on Sidekick rims that will bolt right on, so I have that going for me.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
1/2/14 7:27 p.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: Very cool and a good find. Looks rough though, hope you got a good price on it.
I gave $350 for it, which is scrap price here for something of that size and weight. Don't think I will get hurt, but not going to make a killing on it either. Checked out some of the 4x4 sites, and sounds like it has about the worst driveline available, no valuable parts. Oh well get it home and go from there I guess. May put it on CL and try to trade it for something else may keep it. Not like I have a ton of money in it

At $350 you simply can't go wrong. You could probably part it out and double or triple your money with no problem. Good score.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/2/14 7:30 p.m.

Inline six?

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/2/14 7:36 p.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte:

Buick 225 Dauntless V6 even fire

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/2/14 7:55 p.m.

double your money?

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/2/14 8:18 p.m.

Well, went and picked it up today.Pretty uneventful. took about 30 minutes to get it pulled from its' resting spot and loaded on the trailer. Brought it home and spent about 3 hours cleaning out some nasty stuff. Birds nest, mouse poop, nuts and trash. Even found an old Ronco pocket fisherman, remember those? It was broke so i tossed it. Filled a 40 gallon trash bag with crap. Found 2 new sets of points still in the boxes with receipts from 1981 Also found 2 new in box fuel filters and a cool old Falstaff bottle opener, which will get put to good use as soon as I am done typing this. Put on the Sidekick wheels and tires I had in the garage, will air up the tires that came on it, they still look new, we just knocked two of them off the rims when loading it on the trailer. Checked all the fluid, oil was dirty, but full and no weird things in it. Coolant was remarkably clean and full. I think it has been driven around the woods at the last owners place since the plates expired in 1997. Spent about 1/2 hour with my buddy Brett installing new points I found in the Jeepster and trying to get it running. Didn't get it started, but it turns over. Will get back on it hopefully next weekend. Here are a few before and after pics of the interior cleaning. photo IMG_0428_zps5d07e0a8.jpg photo IMG_0429_zpsc34264b6.jpg photo IMG_0430_zpsb00a551c.jpg photo IMG_0433_zps542a0772.jpg photo IMG_0435_zpsce2985a0.jpg photo IMG_0439_zps6ad1c991.jpg photo IMG_0441_zpsdf98b43d.jpg photo IMG_0442_zpsae17ba96.jpg photo IMG_0443_zps29cdfa7a.jpg photo IMG_0444_zpsfbed7e91.jpg

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/5/14 11:54 a.m.

Just saw this on eBay and it made me smile

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
1/6/14 8:41 a.m.

This is super cool! Hope you can get it running and figure out something cool to do with it!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/6/14 10:11 a.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

Yeah me too. Getting it running should be rather easy, the questions is what it may cost to get it really driveable. Tires, brakes, fuel lines, tune up etc etc. Once I hear it run and know that the motor is OK, I won't have a problem dropping a couple hundred at RockAuto getting some maintenance parts. Will update when I know more. Thanks for all the interest.

BBC

beanco
beanco New Reader
1/6/14 10:23 a.m.

Hey, I know a guy that just bought a Geo tracker that runs! Probably get it for cheap, stretch frame,add Commando body, modern drivetrain with old school looks= awesome

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/6/14 6:16 p.m.

In reply to beanco:

I like the way you are thinking Going to try to get what I have running 1st and go from there. I saw a few Jeepster only items only today on ebay when I was off work due to the weather. They may be getting posted soon. After all, who needs doors or a top anyway

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/6/14 6:25 p.m.

I'm not a huge fan of Jeepsters, but I dig this one with the hardtop.

Hope it's worth keeping.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wJlIue3DFx8xjMoejsmVTomFDvC7U9qUT0OTeGM4kNDwkFPavQDyeRTYgW5YvUbs