coll9947
coll9947 New Reader
5/1/10 9:33 p.m.

So I just got a friend hookup deal on this little gem:

1990 HF, 140K miles, with Koni yellows and H&R's mildest sport springs. My buddy put quite a bit of maintenance into it as well, T-belt & W-pump being the main stuff. Runs fantastic. Interior is flawless minus ripped up seats. B series swap eventually, sticky rubber and bigger brakes at some point. Oh and I've got a full set of Energy Suspension carbon-infused poly bushings that came with it sitting in the box. Wheels are +1 steelies.

Now, my question is, I'd like just a little more sway bar on it, I'm afraid to get too twitchy with an overly stiff aftermarket rear bar, so what sort of parts-bin shopping can I do for a medium improvement?

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
5/1/10 9:52 p.m.

sourced off of a bigger car like an accord...? i have no clue if it will fit, if it does then lucky you

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/2/10 9:03 a.m.

You may need to source some parts to add a rear bar. They had bolt on brackets for the upper mounts and the end links attach to the lower suspension arms. The upper mounting brackets are easy, though the actual sway bar brackets are weak. I'm pretty sure that only the Si and EX sedans had the correct lower arms in 1990.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
5/2/10 9:22 a.m.

I think you can put old Integra sways on it...

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Reader
5/2/10 11:52 a.m.
coll9947 wrote: Now, my question is, I'd like just a little more sway bar on it, I'm afraid to get too twitchy with an overly stiff aftermarket rear bar, so what sort of parts-bin shopping can I do for a medium improvement? Oh and I've got a full set of Energy Suspension carbon-infused poly bushings that came with it sitting in the box. Wheels are +1 steelies.

Installing new foundational parts can do a world of good especially when it comes to handling

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WVaSwtE7JsBPY5GdKBgdYapJDky0bv00qUjNuNaq7GxqBcYHtEWRwwmchHr1ltoT