NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
3/20/09 12:29 a.m.

I know lots of folks that drive trucks, hauling everything from plastic buckets to trees. It's hard work.

While at a local truck stop, I spotted a car carrier loaded with pure gold. If I was going to drive a truck, this is the kind of load I'd want to haul.

That's right. Five new Challengers on their way to wherever. A black one, a white one, two orange ones, and a red R/T. Also a P71 and a 70s Mercury Cougar holding the bottom down.

Dang, that was a pretty load.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
3/20/09 12:36 a.m.

I think I scored that job, only it's an enclosed two level carrier with an elevator and carries 6/7 classic racers. It's only part time though, 6-7 events a year.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
3/20/09 12:38 a.m.
NYG95GA wrote: That's right. Five new Challengers on their way to wherever. A black one, a white one, two orange ones, and a red R/T. Also a P71 and a 70s Mercury Cougar holding the bottom down.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
3/20/09 12:44 a.m.
Osterizer wrote: One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...

New stuff on the top, old stuff on the bottom.

Still pure gold.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
3/20/09 6:30 a.m.

I was in Canada several months ago and saw truck load after truck load of new Challengers headed down to the states.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
3/20/09 6:34 a.m.

I don't know much about hauling cars but I know a little something about gravity and that sure looks like a precarious load especially that last orange one on the top. It looks like it's basically hanging off the end. And the others are at some pretty severe angles. Can you imagine loading that thing up and even backing up the middle one?!! Any truckers can chime in here but isn't it better to keep the load lower? Think maybe I would put the older P71cop car thingy on the top and one of the nice shiny new Challengers on the bottom. Just my 2 cents.

Oh ya and I think you might want to plan your route veeeerrrryyyy carefully for bridges and things. Yikes!!

Other than that........cool picture.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
3/20/09 6:37 a.m.

I've seen the truckers load the trucks many times here at the plant. It's amazing how fast they drive the cars onto the truck in reverse no less. It would probably take me hours to do what they get done in 15-30 minutes.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/20/09 8:24 a.m.

nah, car carriers are basically underloaded compared to some rigs. If you consider each car weighs 4000 pounds(they don't) then you are only looking at 28000 pounds atop that of the trailer. And three of those cars are not even on the trailer

Duke
Duke Dork
3/20/09 8:37 a.m.

Underloaded, yes... but with an extremely high CG in this particular loadout.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Lf2gQGgW1d7ajSJBSKE7WIvQ9rcxkEH7LVwV1gQMTzhXzvFsSePiyYGeqv8ADrJ