1 ... 4 5 6
asphalt_gundam
asphalt_gundam New Reader
9/17/20 2:44 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

That "G nose" render is my favorite so far. Very clean look!

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/17/20 7:24 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:

speaking of renderings, this one is my favorite to address the "needs a bumper to split the opening for the grill up front and spoiler in the rear"

That is SOOOOOOO much prettier looking

The0retical (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

I never thought the weird Chevy truck grille bar would ever make anything look better

Yeah, +100

johndej
johndej Dork
9/18/20 8:27 a.m.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 8:58 a.m.

speaking of renderings, this one is my favorite to address the "needs a bumper to split the opening for the grill up front and spoiler in the rear"

also te37s help everything. Guaranteed somebody will make these add one of the factory doesn't.

this is berkeleying gorgeous, and i'd be thrilled for it to share the garage with this

ebelements
ebelements Reader
9/18/20 9:02 a.m.

Whatever they do, it'll be "fine." 

When the 350z came out, I liked the idea but not the looks... test drove one, and was underwhelmed. Quick for sure, but didn't feel it.

When the 370z came out, the shape was better but the lighting wasn't what I'd call attractive. Never drove one.

This seems to be following suit, honestly. It will be a good-enough car visually that does most things well but doesn't have the "blissfully connected" feeling. The aftermarket will absolutely fix that, in the same way that a base C5 feels capable but not earth-shatteringly amazing until after a handful of mods when it becomes an absolute animal.

I think a more power/manual/middle of the road price sports car will do well against miatae, toyubaru twins, and supra. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/21/20 12:26 p.m.
JoeyM said:

That is SOOOOOOO much prettier looking

The0retical (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

I never thought the weird Chevy truck grille bar would ever make anything look better

Yeah, +100

Yup, TE37s look great on everything. And the bumper helps, too, I think. Maybe it becomes optional like the split-bumper Camaro? 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
9/21/20 12:33 p.m.

If the bumper was just the width of the gaping square chasm it would be even better, I think.  And then a pair of big round spotlights to fill in the sides of the lower half below the bumper, just to make things a little less boring, is another step forward.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZefIItNOiYB78WPLHlDYh4JIfTRsLBp6kVBo2o6lBePBkN9e8YjPy22ZofiXTAHn