patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/15 10:17 p.m.

i've been running nitrous for years. i'm talking carb stuff here by the way. so i was reading the instructions on my new setup(imagine that) and it says the nitrous system should have 10psi or more at the solenoid. now, with my electric pumps i run a regulator for the carb, and all these years i've taken one outlet off the reg to the carb and one to the nitrous system fuel solenoid. so i've really been sending 5psi to the solenoid. never run lean, never blown up. but now i'm questioning things.

so do i put a tee in the supply line before it hits the regulator inlet and send full pressure to the nitrous system? it sounds logical to me, but i'd like some confirmation that i'm not adding unnecessary threaded fittings(potential leaks) to my fuel system after taking the time to run a single hard line front to back with no joints.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
6/22/15 6:07 a.m.

What system is it? I never ran that much fuel pressure and use to run a Holly mechanical fuel pump with no regulator on a junkyard 400. That motor loved nos.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/15 9:41 a.m.

Yep your nitrous system will see 3-5psi if it's getting pressure from a carb FPR.

The right way to do what you want is to have a tee in the supply line going to a separate FPR just for the nitrous system. Depending on the pressure your current pump happens to generate you might have to change pumps as well (some low-pressure electric pumps barely put out 10psi).

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/22/15 4:32 p.m.

that is not an issue, car has aeromotive ss series pump that puts out 14psi and 140gph. the joys of buying someone else's broken racecar involve finding awesome parts like that when you get it home.

my other nitrous car has a mallory competition pump and regulator.

first the bottle has to get shipped back, the valve installed on it is not compatible with a blow down tube fitting, but they are switching it out free of charge and paying shipping both ways so thanks to nitrous express there for correcting that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xym9mpD5A6SyU2lBDXPA6PiLwftFEZupP1dsHt9pcd9DvmHcNTpEVYLZXLsrnrql