1 2 3 4
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/24/13 12:34 p.m.

Yep, it's a five-speed stick. It even has leather. My parents picked it while I was home for a break during college. I remember all of us going to the dealer to get it.

I just ordered some Hawk HP+ brake pads from The Tire Rack. They'll be here on Thursday.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
5/24/13 12:56 p.m.

Wow leather, now thats a rare option for that car. First thing I would do is remove the tweed from the doors, there is black vinyl undereath - looks much better. and weight reduction! might it only be a few ounces though...

David S. Wallens
5/24/13 1:21 p.m.

It's an LE. I have the press kit here--we have a very nice library here at the office. The LE basically added leather and factory air. It was only available as a hatch, though.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
5/24/13 1:26 p.m.

I'm jealous. That would make a great sporty daily driver. It's too bad Nissan doesn't make anything like that anymore.

David S. Wallens
5/24/13 9:35 p.m.

Just drove it home from Jacksonville--a little more than an hour. Wow. I love it. The driver-side window decided to get stuck in the down position just before my parents left to meet us, so that's at the top of the to-do list. Other than that, it's pretty sweet. And it has a tape deck!

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
5/24/13 11:19 p.m.

David S. Wallens
5/24/13 11:21 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:

Yep. We'll have to go cruising.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
5/25/13 1:52 a.m.

I just don't think that it's right that you did not pay your fair share of "Drift Tax".

stan_d
stan_d Dork
5/25/13 8:32 a.m.

with my v8 swap I was pushing 375hp and 365ftlb of torque and never had a problem with the rear suspension or diff.

David S. Wallens
5/25/13 5:31 p.m.

Widow now up. Thanks, Tommy.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer Reader
5/25/13 5:44 p.m.

IMO, light, reversible mods, keep everything, and don't run it too hard. This is gonna be a collector car some day. Probably not that far in the future either.

You're probably on the same page, though.

David S. Wallens
5/25/13 5:50 p.m.

Yeah, it's too clean and original to hack up. Even the air works. Here's a slightly better photo, too. Hopefully I'll get to do a real shoot tomorrow.

IMG_2120

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
5/26/13 7:10 a.m.

Amazing - you don't see many early 240SXs anywhere near that clean and well kept.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
5/26/13 7:32 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: Amazing - you don't see any 240SXs anywhere near that clean and well kept.

Troof.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
5/26/13 8:14 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Yeah, it's too clean and original to hack up. Even the air works. Here's a slightly better photo, too. Hopefully I'll get to do a real shoot tomorrow. IMG_2120

screw you man

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/13 8:41 a.m.

That's even a great color.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/13 8:42 a.m.

Is it replacing something else in the fleet?

David S. Wallens
5/26/13 3:20 p.m.
Woody wrote: Is it replacing something else in the fleet?

The rallycross Impreza wagon. I love it, but six cars is probably too many.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
5/26/13 4:41 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

BLASPHEMY!

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
5/26/13 6:22 p.m.
BoostedBrandon wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: BLASPHEMY!

I've got 5, any a company van! All run, and I live in a little 55x125 lot...!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
5/26/13 6:40 p.m.

Wow I haven't seem one of those that wasn't prime red, dented up, and or mismatched body panels and a bad body kit in years!! Have fun with it

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/26/13 7:56 p.m.

Nice car. That really looks great... I hope you insure it against theft....

David S. Wallens
5/27/13 9:14 p.m.

So far, so good. The driver-side window now goes up and down, and the car successfully handled a trip to the supermarket. Hatch struts are blown, though. Last time I checked, the car is still in our driveway, too.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
5/28/13 1:14 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: Amazing - you don't see many early 240SXs anywhere near that clean and well kept.

At least under $9k or whatever ridiculous price people are selling these cars for this week.

David S. Wallens
5/29/13 8:55 p.m.

Quickie update: Shot some real photos of the car tonight, and you'll see them online soon.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2cfZsjbbLJ9zWjre7T7zOZWtq4UuoXmQT3ndUNpClUkcLlsF6KU7HBAv5fOqxl0H