1 2 3 4
Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
5/29/13 10:15 p.m.
kanaric wrote:
MadScientistMatt wrote: Amazing - you don't see many early 240SXs anywhere near that clean and well kept.
At least under $9k or whatever ridiculous price people are selling these cars for this week.

It's not ridiculous if people are willing to pay that much. I sold my 89 coupe 2 years ago for 6.5k and the buyer didn't bat an eye at the asking price.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
5/29/13 11:16 p.m.

My most recent crapcan ride -

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
5/29/13 11:19 p.m.

Consider the fact that clean 240sx are probably already more rare than truly clean Integras.. and i sold a clean integra gs for $6200 a couple years ago.. I assume it would be worth more now, in the same condition.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/29/13 11:20 p.m.

Man, nice. I saw one at an estate sale for $1200 a month ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not looking into it further.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 6:56 a.m.

Do all of those things have the automatic seat belts?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
5/30/13 7:37 a.m.

I cannot even begin to imagine having parents that would own such a sporty and impractical car. Must be nice!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
5/30/13 8:12 a.m.

This is the coolest car GRM has gotten in a while! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm with the group that would like to see basic suspension and bolt-ons (stuff that can easily be put back to stock)--we all know a turbo or a v8 will be fast, but how much fun can you have in a stock ka?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/30/13 8:45 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: I cannot even begin to imagine having parents that would own such a sporty and impractical car. Must be nice!

Don't worry, they still have their Miata. And looks like they're picking up their new BMW today.

David S. Wallens
5/30/13 8:47 a.m.
Woody wrote: Do all of those things have the automatic seat belts?

All of the US-market cars had them. I guess you can swap in Canadian- or JDM-spec belts.

beans
beans Reader
5/30/13 9:00 a.m.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/3793597056.html

Unobtanium.

Buy those. Use them for a year. Sell them to me. Just about the only reason I would have to go down to Florida is to check out the magical fairy kingdom offices of GRM. Us Northerners don't like your giant lizards and snakes.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/30/13 9:03 a.m.
kanaric wrote: SR20 is the most overrated garbage ever.

your opinion is wrong...

Its about as stout a motor as youre going to find in a 4 banger. Aside from lateral-G oiling issues, I cannot think of a more durable 2 liter mill.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/30/13 9:12 a.m.

I can:

3sgte
4g63T
FE3/FE-DOHC FA20
F20c

And the KA24de itself is a better/stronger motor anyways.

David S. Wallens
5/30/13 9:13 a.m.
beans wrote: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/3793597056.html Unobtanium. Buy those. Use them for a year. Sell them to me. Just about the only reason I would have to go down to Florida is to check out the magical fairy kingdom offices of GRM. Us Northerners don't like your giant lizards and snakes.

Yeah, I'm looking at wheels right now. Looks like a 16-inch wheel greatly opens up tire options.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/30/13 9:23 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
beans wrote: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/3793597056.html Unobtanium. Buy those. Use them for a year. Sell them to me. Just about the only reason I would have to go down to Florida is to check out the magical fairy kingdom offices of GRM. Us Northerners don't like your giant lizards and snakes.
Yeah, I'm looking at wheels right now. Looks like a 16-inch wheel greatly opens up tire options.

Said no one, ever.

David S. Wallens
5/30/13 9:42 a.m.

It's a slight bump up in OD, though: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?sortCode=44950&width=205/&ratio=55&diameter=16&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H

205/50R15s go on the car tomorrow, though.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/30/13 9:44 a.m.

Oh, and here i was thinking you were going to be a man and put some real rubber on something like those linked Koseis.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
5/30/13 9:44 a.m.

I am sitting chuckling at all the 240 SX love. Where were all you guys when these cars were being made? The press hated them and called them chick cars. Totally berated the engine. I test drove a 95 one for my daughter and was very impressed. But I was used to driving a Nissan truck with a Z-24.

David S. Wallens
5/30/13 10:10 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Oh, and here i was thinking you were going to be a man and put some real rubber on something like those linked Koseis.

The 205s that are being mounted tomorrow are R-comps.

David S. Wallens
5/30/13 10:12 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I am sitting chuckling at all the 240 SX love. Where were all you guys when these cars were being made? The press hated them and called them chick cars. Totally berated the engine. I test drove a 95 one for my daughter and was very impressed. But I was used to driving a Nissan truck with a Z-24.

True story: Back in the day GRM did a factory-backed 240SX project car.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/13 10:15 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I am sitting chuckling at all the 240 SX love. Where were all you guys when these cars were being made? The press hated them and called them chick cars. Totally berated the engine. I test drove a 95 one for my daughter and was very impressed. But I was used to driving a Nissan truck with a Z-24.

In grade school/high school/university -- so new cars were a dream only for many

beans
beans Reader
5/30/13 10:47 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

DO IT! DO IT NAOW!

I hate looking at 15" tires for my Accord. I'm probably not buying any this year(even though I have the itch) just because it's tough to find something in a suitable size. 195/55/15 comes close, but this car is FAT.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/30/13 11:01 a.m.

A 225/45-15 probably wouldn't be terrible on the Accord, but it sounds like it's another prime candidate for the 245/45-16 that doesn't really exist anymore.

Which is also the size i'd like to see on the S13.

crankwalk
crankwalk Reader
5/30/13 11:17 a.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: Lucky. The are abit heavy for my tastes, but still fun. Ca18 turbo! Lighter than the crap sr20, still good power. Or 1uzfe! I thought june 1st was the sprints? Or are they running a pdx as well? Don andmy dad are sposedto be terein the spridget, I have to go to m daughters danced recitle.

CA18's aren't really lighter than SR's. They are barely physically smaller but they are iron.

David S. Wallens
5/30/13 11:38 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: A 225/45-15 probably wouldn't be terrible on the Accord, but it sounds like it's another prime candidate for the 245/45-16 that doesn't really exist anymore. Which is also the size i'd like to see on the S13.

I wish there were more choices in that size, too.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
5/30/13 11:43 a.m.

I am really tempted to try Primewell PZ900s after reviews from Lemons racers.. they make that size at ~$85/pc. Ive had that size in Nexen n3000 before. I have no problems with that tire although people seem to have terrible things to say about them. I paid $75/pc for those but that was years and years ago now. I was thinking about buying some more 245/45/16 for some 16x7.5 i have and putting them on a my caravan.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p8wa7kheSsFHUfksISKdKxC5RktxyVFsV7TbITdGPH3iKoQITbHhHbTeXepU9oZr