senador
senador New Reader
4/24/10 9:29 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/24/alfa-romeo-tz3-corsa-unveiled-at-villa-deste/

I don't care if this car broke down every mile.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/24/10 9:39 a.m.

alFa?

and yes, the TZ3 is a gorgeous car. I would love one.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
4/24/10 10:00 a.m.

That would be so sweet. They could offer it with different motors so that maybe us mortals could afford it.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/24/10 10:20 a.m.

Looks awesome. Too bad none of us will ever have the chance to drive one.

This makes me think; it doesn't cost any more to make a beautiful shape like this one as opposed to the so-so stuff we all get at the local car stealership. So, why couldn't have the Hyundai Genesis coupe or the new Toyota FT-86 been styled like this? It's not like it hasn't been done before. 240z anyone? I know if I could buy this for $25K I'd be down there signing the papers NOW.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/24/10 10:25 a.m.

please... it is ALFA... not alpha. And also.. please please please build this as production car and bring it to the US with Fiat/Chrysler. We have gone too long without more italian cars

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/24/10 10:31 a.m.

I suspect the car would never pass real-world tests like pedestrian safety regs and modern automaker internal engineering benchmarks (note: Mazdas have to have enough wheelwell clearance to run two sets of snow chains with the suspension fully compressed, Toyotas need room for three). That's why your Hyundai will never look like that.

But, oh, if they only would. Gorgeous.

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
4/24/10 10:53 a.m.

Dayum. Alfa remakes the Daytona coupe, with a full dose of Italian twist... do want.

Jay
Jay Dork
4/24/10 11:31 a.m.

Yuck. From some angles it's alright but that side view when you load the page looks like Photoshop messed up when saving the file. No thanks.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
4/24/10 12:15 p.m.

Sounds more like a cult to me.

http://alphausa.org/

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/24/10 1:47 p.m.

BLATANT RIPOFF.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
4/24/10 1:55 p.m.

ALFA, ( I wondered what was being asked when the title said " ...Alpha come back to the U.S.?) would be very welcome if/when they ever return to the U.S. assuming they don't "water down" their designs for U.S. consumption.

I've been reading about the many ups and downs of Alfa in CAR magazine for decades. Their record, until a few years ago was kind of spotty, but has gotten better dramatically....with an occasionally weak car. But who cares? They all look so sensational.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
4/24/10 2:28 p.m.

That's horrible.

That ogerish hatch shape kills it for me.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
4/24/10 3:47 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: BLATANT RIPOFF.

This is pretty much what I thought too.

Treb
Treb Reader
4/24/10 8:33 p.m.

In case you weren't kidding, it's actually more related to its Alfa/Zagato predecessors -- TZ1 and TZ2.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
4/24/10 9:16 p.m.

Meh. It looks like a Bricklin.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OOCbUdwlVUpO76G6n5rfUfD0e7CwuscQWzX0P9Cz1hSsguqqjGnqlRv7kaWRnFTJ