1 2
STM317
STM317 Dork
7/12/17 11:28 a.m.

Just to keep this thread current, Aston has been refining the design and debuted the new style recently as the car (road plane?) comes closer to production. It reminds me of a modern Group C car, and that's no bad thing. The car is at least 60% diffuser.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/17 11:35 a.m.

The latest revision is all about making the aero even more serious, it seems. It's starting to resemble a Praga R1(R) with the tiny cockpit and minimalistic bodywork.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
7/12/17 2:28 p.m.

I mean a recent GRM had a tire test with a McLaren. So we're pretty fast & loose with the term these days, I think this'll fit right in.

STM317
STM317 Dork
7/13/17 6:14 a.m.

I think the new tweaks give it a bit more Aston DNA, especially the front fender "vents" behind the wheels. There are also some similarities with their Vision Gran Turismo design concept in the wheel arches, the blade that runs over the door and down the back, the shape of the side glass, and using the center of the classic Aston fender vent as a flat wing to improve aero:

GameboyRMH
1/4/18 9:00 a.m.

Update: Ran across a great video comparing aero on the early and updated designs:

GameboyRMH
12/12/18 12:19 p.m.

More ICE details and dyno run video out: 6.5L, 1khp, 11krpm, stressed member, 400lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-URmHqQcZk

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dc4jOabXEzLquVMVw6EWy3CGs76vnL0sXVYIoiqSOSyaUBujGqJKYvWMRJ993q98