Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/20 12:31 p.m.

I bought an 04 WRX wagon a few days ago. It needs some deferred maintenance, it's all original including the timing belt. I want to use OEM parts, and also change out the fluids, hoses, filters, etc.

What's a recommended source? I'm skeptical of "as good as". With a few exceptions, like a NAPA gold oil filter for example, I really want the OEM parts.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/12/20 12:39 p.m.

For my WRX and my Justy, I buy all OEM parts from here

https://www.oakos.com

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
4/12/20 1:00 p.m.

Best pricing I was able to find when I had my WRX was Ebay.  

Plus if you are already an Ebay member its just one less site you need to sign up on.

I asked nice and my local Subaru dealer would meet or beat online pricing.  Not all may do it but it never hurts to ask.  Just wish my local Toyota dealers could meet or beat online pricing.  

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
4/12/20 1:38 p.m.

I bought my OEM parts here:

https://www.subarupartsamerica.com

No affiliation.  They had good prices and parts diagrams, as well.

_
_ Dork
4/12/20 2:01 p.m.

Subaru of bend,OR has great staffing. The guys behind the counter actually know the cars like enthusiasts do. Prices are so-so. Not sure if they ship. But worth giving a call to. 

b13990
b13990 Reader
4/12/20 3:45 p.m.

I used to use SubaruGenuineParts.com, but it seems like they may have retooled their site and killed all the old users or something.

It was always a confusing website, and IDK if the prices were great, but what was cool was that (if you knew exactly how to navigate) you could get to exploded engineering diagrams just like they have at the parts counter. It was all driven by model year and trim, and was reminiscent of some of the old computer programs that mechanic shops paid good money for.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Like I said, it was never easy to get to the good part of that site, almost like they were only begrudgingly opening this up to me... but the parts sure did show up on a UPS truck exactly like I wanted.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rHJ8ozf0f7PHP7U8NL7OYmZvhllt3Mu4hrdaXpTVYQYpMIpKkAxdwv9s17KVEdyW