1 2
fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
10/20/16 3:35 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Javelin wrote: I seemed to have missed go3wheeler. Anybody have a link?
I'm pretty sure he got made into a ghost. He got a lititle crab butt when we tried to help that rolling death trap.

That was an epic train wreck....sort of sad because I liked his goal.

I also vote for the volviata. It`s GRM's version of project Binky

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
10/20/16 7:52 p.m.

Nocones midget is the reason I joined this site.

I can't remember who it was- but I want to say a guy from Canada who was building an RX 7 for a cross-province road rally. Maybe it was for a bachelor party type thing ala Nonack?

That was a great read!

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
10/21/16 10:06 a.m.

Tuna Truck. The build is epic in itself, but the background in which it happens is priceless. My money is on one of the Tunakids being old enough to drive by the time it gets done. I have zero doubts that it wont get done.

Honorable mention to the Burrito mobile that just needed two weeks till paint! Love how the quality of the tinwork keeps ramping up.

The Molvo should be back in the shop in November; the crunched MGB has already overstayed its welcome.

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
10/21/16 10:06 p.m.

The Tuna Truck is such a great thread. I still have my bit of leaf spring on my desk.

I still am in awe of what was accomplished on Sweet Chili Heat.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/16 10:13 p.m.

One and a half pages and only two links???? Come on people. Your killing me here. .

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/21/16 10:27 p.m.

The ones I follow pretty closely:

Grosh: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/mazdeuce-fixes-the-garage/69569/page1/

Nonack's RX7/XR4ti threads (mostly because I compete against him and it makes me feel better about my relatively lesser rally car problems: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/85-merkur-xr4ti-rally-car/120244/page1/

The Life with Two B13s was a thread that I used for motivation on my own build: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/multi-motorsport-daily-driver-b13-sentra-se-r/61897/page1/

Starlet Avoid the Noid thread (which I can't find at the moment but I saw it recently)

I forget what it's called, but I've greatly enjoyed the one about the guy refurbishing the old bus/camper that has the 20 colors of paint on it!

I like my rally e30 build thread, of course - but mostly because it's my resource to go back and check things I did, or remember which part I replaced, or point someone else to how to do something that I've already forgotten how I did it :)

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
10/21/16 10:56 p.m.

not to sound like a broken record, but the Grosh, Tunatruck, and the Molvo are epic build threads both in project scope and how they resemble an epic adventure novel, except in conquering an awesome project rather than monsters or whatever people defeat in epic novels. Not to mention they are real page-turners, just like a good story. There are lots of other great threads as well, but those three at least deserve to be in the running for the "Most Epic" award.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
10/21/16 11:09 p.m.
ssswitch wrote: The Tuna Truck is such a great thread. I still have my bit of leaf spring on my desk. I still am in awe of what was accomplished on Sweet Chili Heat.

Thank you, this is the thread I was trying to find! And this one: Oh, What? A Feeling!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/16 6:57 p.m.

Molvo

Fubaru

Vorschlag NASA C4

Driveabeater El Camino

Loosecannon race car

Vanagon LHS

Toyman's jetboat

Motovan

Sweet Chili Heat RX7