Continue...

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
7/30/16 6:07 p.m.

To do:

Hydro E

Mini spool

BCL Universal Atmosphere Demolisher

The entire lower grille area of an 06-11 Grand Marquis riveted onto my existing aerobody bumper

Figure out a permanent exhaust solution that isn't a side dump

Cut front fenders, apply overfenders, and get extremely low offset wheels.

Buy helmet

Buy drift spares

Shred.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
7/31/16 9:28 a.m.

I would like to make the following suggestions:a custom license plate that says "Walter" or "Edith" or "Grammy". And a mannequin for the passenger seat dressed like an old woman. Also, a stuffed animal dog for the back window.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
7/31/16 9:58 a.m.

Box of tissues and a dead wasp on the rear parcel shelf.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
7/31/16 10:32 a.m.

It appears you can still get these. Keep it fresh, yo!

dropstep
dropstep Dork
7/31/16 11:38 a.m.

Why not a traklok instead of mini spooling your daily? Much easier on axles and wheel bearings and with a proper rebuild it allows for all the sideways tire smoke you could ask for.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/31/16 11:44 a.m.

I have absolutely no clue what's going on here...

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/16 12:01 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: It appears you can still get these. Keep it fresh, yo!

I came to post that. A mini spool is hard on parts on pavement. Is there an air locker for that axle.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
7/31/16 12:27 p.m.

Its an 8.8, you can buy the stock clutch type posi, air or electric lockers. Alot of options better for a DD then a mini spool.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
7/31/16 12:30 p.m.

Cable locker as well.

rslifkin
rslifkin Dork
7/31/16 3:31 p.m.

I'd either put a locker in it or a stock type trac-lok packed for more locking force. Don't run a spool in something you drive on the street. It's hard on tires, hard on parts and if you ever put sticky tires on the back, it won't turn worth a E36 M3.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
7/31/16 4:01 p.m.

You need a lid with a blue hair wig on it.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
7/31/16 6:23 p.m.
Armitage wrote: I have absolutely no clue what's going on here...

I second. Someone please expound.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/16 6:44 p.m.

When my father had the welded rear in his Monte Carlo he put one of these towing hubs on so my mother would still drive it. It sucked in the snow and eventually she talked him into a more street friendly car to haul us around.

Kartoffelbrei
Kartoffelbrei UltraDork
7/31/16 7:17 p.m.

GRMer buys Crown Vic for cheap. Proceeds to make clean it up, decides to lower said Crown Vic while adding steel wheels and painting blackwalls to mimic RWL tires. GRMer aspires to turn Crown Vic into a drift car, because why not? GRMer satisfies his horrible taste in fonts (Algerian, really?) by creating what I can only assume is a vinyl sticker to apply to newly-crowned vic drift car.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
7/31/16 8:38 p.m.
NordicSaab wrote:
I second. Someone please expound.

I think... and I may be wrong, but I think G-Body is going to take the real nice clean Crown Vic (hence the crown images) daily driver he bought and ruin it.. err I mean turn it into a drift car.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
7/31/16 8:44 p.m.

I like this idea.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
7/31/16 10:11 p.m.

I'll probably go trac-lok, but I'm not sure yet. The 2.73s allow me to use all of 2nd gear. The Crown Vic was destined to be a drift car, I've just finally decided to stop making excuses. Panthers are a dime a dozen, I might as well enjoy it.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
7/31/16 10:18 p.m.
Kartoffelbrei wrote:
GRMer buys Crown Vic for cheap. Proceeds to make clean it up, decides to lower said Crown Vic while adding steel wheels and painting blackwalls to mimic RWL tires. GRMer aspires to turn Crown Vic into a drift car, because why not? GRMer satisfies his horrible taste in fonts (Algerian, really?) by creating what I can only assume is a vinyl sticker to apply to newly-crowned vic drift car.

Says the man who can identify said font

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/16 11:23 p.m.

Some people are seriously passionate about fonts. I imagine our enthusiasm for cars baffles many of them them equally as much.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
7/31/16 11:55 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: To do: Hydro E Mini spool BCL Universal Atmosphere Demolisher The entire lower grille area of an 06-11 Grand Marquis riveted onto my existing aerobody bumper Figure out a permanent exhaust solution that isn't a side dump Cut front fenders, apply overfenders, and get extremely low offset wheels. Buy helmet Buy drift spares Shred.

My first beer hit me pretty hard too.

chiodos
chiodos Dork
8/1/16 1:27 a.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: I'll probably go trac-lok, but I'm not sure yet. The 2.73s allow me to use all of 2nd gear. The Crown Vic was destined to be a drift car, I've just finally decided to stop making excuses. Panthers are a dime a dozen, I might as well enjoy it.

Ditch the 2.73s for at least 3.73s and youll think your in a super car. Trust me, gears and a $200 new from ford trac loc are the first mods you should do. Oh and the j mod.

Chadeux
Chadeux Reader
8/1/16 1:30 a.m.

3rd is an M112, right?

chiodos
chiodos Dork
8/1/16 1:33 a.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

That or a full on lightning swap. At least mk8

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners