1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 57
beans
beans Dork
8/31/15 3:47 p.m.

Pat, where are you located? I need to mount my 225 Toyo's I got from Per.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/15 9:50 p.m.

valley city, not far from cleveland. if you're coming this way for anything bring them.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
8/31/15 9:54 p.m.

Gahhhh of course the autocross is the day I fly back from outta town

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/1/15 7:28 a.m.

In reply to XLR99:

You bring the wagon and I will bring my sedan and spectate in style.

beans
beans Dork
9/1/15 7:20 p.m.

Blah, kinda out of the way for me. That event is the same day as the NWOR SCCA autocross, but I'd rather try a new site than the same one three times in a year. Is there a link to their rules or sign up?

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Reader
9/14/15 8:15 a.m.

Rebel Run car show is this weekend in Sidney OH. This is my favorite car show of the year and is def worth checking out. A lot of rod and custom stuff and general weirdness, not just highly polished 60s cars. Plus its pretty huge. Shelby county fairgrounds thursday through saturday. Check it out if you get a chance.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
9/14/15 10:55 a.m.

Dayton Concours D' Elegance is also Sunday. Dayton Cars and Coffee is having a cruise and lunch on Saturday, have to decide which car...

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
9/14/15 1:28 p.m.
gearheadmb wrote: Rebel Run car show is this weekend in Sidney OH. This is my favorite car show of the year and is def worth checking out. A lot of rod and custom stuff and general weirdness, not just highly polished 60s cars. Plus its pretty huge. Shelby county fairgrounds thursday through saturday. Check it out if you get a chance.

Hmm my father in law lives in sidney. Might be worth the drive.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/18/15 9:11 a.m.

Not this weekend but next, Sept 27th. Final Autox of The Mid-Ohio Sports Car Club.
https://sites.google.com/site/midohioscc/calendar-of-events

Events in Shelby, OH (North of Mansfield) in the local Vo-Tech High School parking lot. The events are truly at the end of a dead end road. Sort of a small venue but typically small turnouts. About 35 second runs and if they do a double looper (which they often do) then 70 second runs.
You can expect 7-8 runs if 30 second version or 5 runs if 70 second version.

For me this will serve as the Pre-Challenge Shakedown for the Infiniti Q45.

patgizz
9/19/15 8:33 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Not this weekend but next, Sept 27th. Final Autox of The Mid-Ohio Sports Car Club. https://sites.google.com/site/midohioscc/calendar-of-events Events in Shelby, OH (North of Mansfield) in the local Vo-Tech High School parking lot. The events are truly at the end of a dead end road. Sort of a small venue but typically small turnouts. About 35 second runs and if they do a double looper (which they often do) then 70 second runs. You can expect 7-8 runs if 30 second version or 5 runs if 70 second version. For me this will serve as the Pre-Challenge Shakedown for the Infiniti Q45.

i intend for this to be my pre-challenge shakedown for the Z, all things point to me taking a lap around the block tomorrow. i was thwarted by the rain today, not going out on wet roads with r-comps and no wipers. need to get the trailer cleared off, and it looks like i need a couple new trailer tires pre challenge too, have some cracking on the older pair. or borrow the newer set off my truck.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/20/15 7:31 a.m.

Wow this will be worth going to - mini pre-challenge! I may be going to PA to grab a parts car next weekend; I apparently need to plan for Sat instead.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/24/15 4:10 p.m.

Repost and bump since it is this weekend.

Current weather report says high of 72 degrees. Mostly cloudy with 73% chance of morning showers.
We'll see if that changes as we get closer.

JohnRW1621 wrote: Not this weekend but next, Sept 27th. Final Autox of The Mid-Ohio Sports Car Club. https://sites.google.com/site/midohioscc/calendar-of-events Events in Shelby, OH (North of Mansfield) in the local Vo-Tech High School parking lot. The events are truly at the end of a dead end road. Sort of a small venue but typically small turnouts. About 35 second runs and if they do a double looper (which they often do) then 70 second runs. You can expect 7-8 runs if 30 second version or 5 runs if 70 second version. For me this will serve as the Pre-Challenge Shakedown for the Infiniti Q45.
patgizz
9/24/15 10:22 p.m.

If rain no go. I cant say I'd be sad, i hate getting up early on sundays.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/24/15 10:38 p.m.

Drag is where the other Q45 failed (not autox) but look what I found...

Friday Night Test & Tunes Tomorrow! I think I might be able to attend. http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2015/04/24/309/-/-?Itemid=1

Weds Night Fun Night too.
Last one for the year is this week.
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2015/05/06/325/-/-?Itemid=1

This place is like 15 minutes from my house.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
9/25/15 11:28 a.m.

I'll be in Columbus tomorrow morning/afternoon buying something.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/25/15 11:40 a.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

Cars and Coffee starts at 9.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
9/25/15 12:33 p.m.

I'd be there Sunday if it weren't for the autocross with NEOSCCA. Have fun you guys!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/25/15 1:21 p.m.
Esoteric Nixon wrote: I'd be there Sunday if it weren't for the autocross with NEOSCCA. Have fun you guys!

I did not know about this event! http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c3213c44b8947730464f13ae9&id=d322346c2e
Kirkland (Mentor Area)
This is 1:20 minutes from my house and the Mid-Ohio event is 1 hour. I could go either way.

I cant seem to find results from NEO events. Tell me more. Is it a good lot? How many runs typical? How long are the runs?

EDIT: Here are NEO results: http://neohioscca.com/solo/solo-results/
Looks like 5-6 runs with 50-60 second times and 40-80 attendees.

Yeah, I could go either way. What do you think Patgizz?

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
9/25/15 1:26 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: In reply to WOW Really Paul?: Cars and Coffee starts at 9.

I'll be lucky to be turned around and headed back before noon.....it'll be funny having my left arm in a sling while driving an Abarth.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
9/25/15 1:36 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:
Esoteric Nixon wrote: I'd be there Sunday if it weren't for the autocross with NEOSCCA. Have fun you guys!
I did not know about this event! http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c3213c44b8947730464f13ae9&id=d322346c2e Kirkland (Mentor Area) This is 1:20 minutes from my house and the Mid-Ohio event is 1 hour. I could go either way. I cant seem to find results from NEO events. Tell me more. Is it a good lot? How many runs typical? How long are the runs?

Good questions! I usually run with MBRSCCA out of Erie, so I've only been to a NEOSCCA event once. It's well-run, and I think I had six runs when I last ran with them in `13. This is an out of region event for MBRSCCA so I am betting it'll be less runs this time.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/25/15 1:38 p.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon:

There are currently only 36 car pre registered for the NEO event. My guess is a turn out of 60 (most waiting till the end to register.)

EDIT: Here are NEO results: http://neohioscca.com/solo/solo-results/ Looks like 5-6 runs with 50-60 second times and 40-80 attendees.

Yeah, I could go either way. What do you think Patgizz?

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
9/25/15 1:45 p.m.

Plus, if you go there, you can see the wagon in action.

patgizz
9/25/15 9:18 p.m.

well, i just got home from work. long effing day, even longer week. i'm fixing my cracked plug problem and doing a shakedown run tomorrow then going to check the weather. i still don't have an empty trailer, so will need to get on that. i may spend sunday outfitting the enclosed trailer to carry the car just because i'm whooped right now and the thought of getting up at 6 something to drive to shelby or up east somewhere for 8am tech line is not exciting me right now as much as some street miles to see if E36 M3 is going to blow up or not.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/25/15 9:21 p.m.

I have been watching this but to be honest Ft Wayne has an autocross and it is 30 miles away, rather than 120... especially if we go to Milan Saturday night

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/25/15 9:47 p.m.

Alright, then I'm going to NEO in Kirland instead of Shelby. The lure of the wagon is too strong to resist

Steve, I understand. FtW does great events but it would be 3 hours for me to come to FtW. There is also a Toledo event the same day but they have over 80 cars already registered so they will likely hit their usual 100+ mark which makes for a really long day for 3 runs. No way.

I went to Norwalk Dragway tonight. 15.586
Above I bitch about Toledo Autox...well let me tell you about Norwalk Drags Friday night Test and Tune. Gates at 5pm racing starts at 6:00. The run order was Slicks, then Jr Drag rails then DOT tires (I am DOT.)
I got there about 7pm. I got my first pass about 8:30 then the format was to relaunch Slicks for a second pass, then Jr and then DOT for a second pass. At the beginning of the Slicks second heat, something happened on track and all came to a stand still. At 10:00 there were still hundreds of Slicks cars waiting to run. I could see that I would not be getting a second run and came home.
And I thought autox offered really limited seat time. Tonight I saw 15 seconds of seat time in over three hours and unlikely to gain any more seat time even if I stayed till midnight.

I did have fun in Norwalk where I met a guy running a Mercedes E55 (Kompressor V8) on drag slicks. He pretty much has a ton of effort into running this car at drags but still drives it on the street too (summers).
I hopefully got him turned on to checking out GRM. I don't remember his name but he is from Columbus, OH.

1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 57

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JFeAVtINUH0Z9NtGrWbsYtH6RRX10kxi6jw54qQitzgzWoVgjC5SukFt4QwQefOg